Wayne L. Winston is a professor of Decision Sciences at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business and has earned numerous MBA teaching awards. For 20+ years, he has taught clients at Fortune 500 companies how to use Excel to make smarter business decisions. Wayne and his business partner Jeff Sagarin developed the player-statistics tracking and rating system used by the Dallas Mavericks professional basketball team. He is also a two time Jeopardy! Champion.
Microsoft Excel 2010 Data Analysis and Business Modeling: Data Analysis and Business Modelingby Wayne Winston
Master the business modeling and analysis techniques that help you transform data into bottom-line results. For more than a decade, Wayne Winston has been teaching corporate clients and MBA students the most effective ways to use Excel to solve business problems and make better decisions. Now this award-winning educator shares the best of his expertise in this
Master the business modeling and analysis techniques that help you transform data into bottom-line results. For more than a decade, Wayne Winston has been teaching corporate clients and MBA students the most effective ways to use Excel to solve business problems and make better decisions. Now this award-winning educator shares the best of his expertise in this hands-on, scenario-focused guide—fully updated for Excel 2010!
Use Excel to solve real business problems—and sharpen your edge!
- Model investment risks and returns
- Analyze your sales team’s effectiveness
- Create best, worst, and most-likely case scenarios
- Compare lease vs. buy, and calculate loan terms
- See how price, advertising, and seasonality affect sales
- Manage inventory with precision
- Quantify the value of customer loyalty
- Calculate your break-even number and ROI
- Maximize scheduling efficiency
- Express “home-field advantage” in real numbers
- Project company growth, predict election results, and more!
- Plus—introduce yourself to PowerPivot for Excel
- Downloadable eBook
- Hundreds of scenario-based practice problems
- All the book’s sample files—plus customizable templates
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Illustrations of computer screens are impossible to read. The book is too large for reasonable access on the Nook. Nook drops back to opening screen while trying to read the book. Reference materials such as this are poor candidates for the Nook. I ordered it for the Nook by mistake and B&N wouldn't let me cancel the order. I had to buy a second copy to get the hard-copy book. I can't comment on the contents of the book until I get the hard-copy.
I thought this book was fantastic! It shows you exactly how to do about a 100 different business/stock market/probability models you can do in Excel. This book is for beginners. However, if you have NO working knowledge of excel I recommend learning up at least a little bit before buying this book. Go on youtube for some of the basics then you can have a crack at this!