- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted January 11, 2010
Instructional books for Microsoft Publisher 2007 are hard to find; but I absolutely lucked out when I stumbled across this one. This book has all the features a novice to the software would need, presented in a way that said novice would need it presented:
1. right off the bat you are immediately engaged and deep sunk in real-life Publisher work that may quell some of those fears (lied on your resume and told your new boss that you knew Publisher 2007 even though you barely have passing acquaintance?)
2. in order to improve your memory of what you've learned, there are notes, tips, and reminders galore on the page, but not in a distracting, too-much-on-the-page way.
3. instructions take you step-by-step and screen-by-screen and suggests ways for you to experiment and explore.
4. there are even narratives on how to plan a publishing project and,
5. LOTS of end of chapter exercises to help you understand where you may be weak in what you've just learned - again with real-life documents.
Soup to nuts.
Now, having said all that, I understand that there is an edition that is introductory in its approach, so that may be the best thing for the naked babes who fell off the cart as it rolled out of the woods.
Still, this book is EVERYTHING I look for when I need instruction on how to use any of the MS Office products but for one thing . . . why is it so freakin' expensive? I get that it is indeed complete and comprehensive - it's GOOD, but - WHY SO FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE? I borrowed a copy from interlibrary loan and therefore could not renew it, now I'm searching high and low for it again, in order to borrow it, again. It seems that once found, it becomes pretty popular. Oh well. It's on my wish list.
Posted August 18, 2009
Is a good book, but there are some chapters that are not at all clear on how to do the work. Need to explain better or show what to do. But over all the book is very good. I will be keeping this book to work on and become more knowledgeable with the chapters and all the different was to us them.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.