Microsoft Office Word 2007: Complete Concepts and Techniques provides a project-based, step-by-step approach to successfully teach students Microsoft Word 2007 skills. Benefits:
• Gives students a complete introduction to Word 2007, including new features of the software, using the highly-successful Shelly Cashman Series pedagogy.
• NEW! Offers a new Plan Ahead feature which prepares students to create successful projects by encouraging them to think about what they are trying to accomplish before they begin.
• Gives students the information they need to know when they need to know it through enhancements to the step-by-step instructions, a new Q&A feature, and improved call-outs on screenshots.
• NEW! Engages students with new Experimental steps, which encourage them to go beyond step-by-step instructions to take advantage of the features in the Microsoft Office 2007 new user interface.
• NEW! Increases students' retention with brand new end-of-chapter exercises, including Make It Right, Extend Your Knowledge, and Make It Personal, which emphasize problem-solving and experimentation.
Gary B. Shelly wrote and published his first computer education textbook in 1969. More than twenty million copies of Shelly Cashman Series' textbooks have been sold. Gary and a talented group of contributing authors have produced books on computer programming, computer concepts, and application software that are the leading textbooks in the computer technology market today. Gary has hosted the annual Shelly Cashman Institute, a week-long training event focusing on the latest topics in technology, for the past 34 years.
Thomas J. Cashman received his education at California State University, Los Angeles. He established one of the first business data processing programs in the U.S. at Long Beach City College in California, where he taught and served as department head. In 1969, he began collaborating with now best-selling author, Gary Shelly.
Misty E. Vermaat has more than 25 years of experience in the field of computer and information technology. Along with consulting in the field, she was an Associate Professor at Purdue University Calumet, teaching or developing Microsoft Office, computer concepts, database management, systems analysis and design, and programming courses. Since 1990, Misty has led the development of, written, and co-authored numerous textbooks for the Shelly Cashman Series, including many editions of Discovering Computers, Discovering Computers Fundamentals, and Microsoft Word books.
1. Creating and Editing a Word Document 2. Creating a Research Paper 3. Creating a Cover Letter and a Resume Web Feature: Creating a Web Page Using Word 4. Creating a Document with a Title Page, Table, Chart, and Watermark 5. Generating Form Letters, Mailing Labels, and Directories 6. Creating a Professional Newsletter Integration Feature: Linking an Excel Worksheet and Chart to a Word Document Appendices A: Project Planning Guidelines B: Introduction to Microsoft Office 2007 C: Microsoft Office Word 2007 Help D: Publishing Office 2007 Web Pages to a Web Server E: Customizing Microsoft Office Word 2007 F: Steps for the Windows XP User G: Microsoft Business Certification Program