Teach yourself the fundamentals of SQL Server Reporting Services—one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you get the guidance you need to build flexible and powerful solutions that support the reporting needs of your organization.
Discover how to:
- Install and configure Reporting Services
- Author, manage, and access reports
- Create attractive, information-rich reports with the Report Designer
- Calculate values, organize information, and manipulate report data
- Build, deploy, and maintain a report model
- Render and distribute reports in various formats
- Implement role-based security to restrict access to information
- Explore more advanced report design techniques
- Programmatically customize any stage of the reporting lifecycle
CD features all practice exercises.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.