Jim Buyens is the senior PC-LAN administrator for AG Communication Systems, a leading provider of telecommunications switching equipment and software. An early champion of TCP/IP applications and connectivity, he architected a coast-to-coast corporate network with over 25 Windows NT® based servers and 1,000 client PCs. He’s also the Webmaster at www.agcs.com, designing, deploying, and overseeing an intranet with over 14,000 Web pages. He also maintains a Web site featuring support for his books and help in finding Windows NT resources. The URL is http://www.interlacken.com. He is the author of Building Net Sites With Windows NT: An Internet Services Handbook (Addison Wesley, July 1996) and Stupid Web Tricks (Microsoft Press, 1998).
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Inside Outby Jim Buyens
Dig into Windows SharePoint Services—and discover how to deliver Web-based workspaces that simplify information sharing and team collaboration! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds in concise, fast-answer format. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Find the best and fastest ways
Dig into Windows SharePoint Services—and discover how to deliver Web-based workspaces that simplify information sharing and team collaboration! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds in concise, fast-answer format. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Find the best and fastest ways to perform everyday tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of SharePoint mastery!
- Create your site using built-in capabilities and templates, from within a browser or with Microsoft FrontPage
- Plan the structure, content, and navigation features for your page or site
- Design lists, document and picture libraries, surveys, alerts, and discussion boards to manage shared content
- Use document and meeting workspaces to share and exchange data with Microsoft Office programs
- Connect to SharePoint data sources and external databases, and display your data online—without writing code
- Plan, configure, and manage a Windows SharePoint Services installation
- Administer your site, including performing backup and recovery, managing capacity, and implementing security features
- Customize sites with Web Parts, the object model, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Complete eBook in PDF format
- Insider Extras—including utilities and sample code
- Microsoft Computer Dictionary, Fifth Edition eBook—10,000+ entries
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews