• “My 11-year-old daughter, who starts middle school in the fall... gave the app an enthusiastic ‘pretty cool!!’”—CNET • “This book is really exceptional. It’s fun, hip and something youth will relate to.”—Digital Storytime
Middle school can be a serious pain with bullies putting you down, ...
• “My 11-year-old daughter, who starts middle school in the fall... gave the app an enthusiastic ‘pretty cool!!’”—CNET
• “This book is really exceptional. It’s fun, hip and something youth will relate to.”—Digital Storytime
Middle school can be a serious pain with bullies putting you down, blowups threatening friendships, and real doubts about how you measure up. Good thing you don’t have to go it alone! Meet Mateo, Michelle and their friends—six teens trying to figure out what middle school’s all about. Follow their adventures and watch as they learn how to get along in middle school.
Be Confident is based on Book 1 of the award-winning Middle School Confidential™ series written by teen expert Annie Fox, illustrated by Matt Kindt, and published by Free Spirit Publishing. This graphic novel app enables readers to zoom right into the story world. With beautiful full-color illustrations and richly layered audio made up of movie-like sound effects and music, Be Confident will be a sure-fire hit with 8-14 year olds. (Even those who don’t like to read!) As a bonus for parents and teachers, this app puts thought-provoking entertainment and solutions into the hands of teens who deal with these personal issues every day. It’s likely to challenge teens to think about their emotions and behavior in new ways and encourage them to make more respectful, cooperative choices at school and at home.
• Graphic Novel format for easy reading
• Page swipe or touch page edges for easy navigation
• Auto-save feature remembers your place in the story
• Info page allows you to jump to the beginning of any of the 8 chapters
• 44 pages of story plus bonus Meet the Cast pages
• Two modes of reading: full-page mode or double-tap to zoom-in for frame-by-frame reading
• Movie-like sound effects and music (enhanced sound in zoomed-in mode)
• Compelling stories that deal with universal tween and early teenage stumbling blocks:
+ Self esteem
+ Body image
+ Out of control emotions
+ Friendship issues
+ Peer Approval Addiction (doing whatever it takes to fit in)
• Thoughtful solutions for teens grappling with personal and social issues
• Designed for the hard-to-reach “tween” age group, including reluctant readers
• Powerful addition to an advisory or character education curriculum
• Ideal for teachers who use technology in the classroom