- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
|Milestones in Mass Communication Research, 3/e offers an impressive history of mass communication research over the past 60 years and emphasizes media effects.|
I. RESEARCH AS A BASIS FOR UNDERSTANDING MASS COMMUNICATION.
2. The Payne Fund Studies: The Effects of Movies on Children.
3. The Invasion from Mars: Radio Panics America.
4. The People’s Choice: The Media in a Political Campaign.
5. Audiences for Daytime Radio Serials: Uses and Gratifications.
6. The Iowa Study of Hybrid Seed Corn: The Adoption of Innovation.
7. Experiments with Film: Persuading the American Soldier in World War II.
8. Communication and Persuasion: The Search for the Magic Keys.
9. Personal Influence: The Two-Step Flow of Communication.
10.Project Revere: Leaflets as a Medium of Last Resort.
II. TELEVISION IN THE LIVES OF OUR CHILDREN: THE EARLY YEARS.
12. The Agenda-Setting Function of the Press: What to Think About.
13. Violence and the Media: The Turbulent Sixties.
14. The Surgeon General’s Report: Television and Social Behavior.
15. Television and Behavior: Ten Years of Progress.
16. The Lessons of the Milestones.