Mind and Heart of the Negotiator / Edition 3by Leigh L. Thompson
Pub. Date: 07/14/2004
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Presents a unified, integrated, and comprehensive overview of the insights, strategies, and practices inherent to successful negotiations. This unique book weaves together a wide range of disciplines, including economics, psychology, sociology, communication, and organizational behavior. The book gradually builds the complexity of information presented from early to later chapters as well as within each chapter. It reveals the interrelation of the economics and the psychology of negotiation. It also discusses the influence of technology on communication and social interaction. An essential resource for any professional or individual who wishes to strengthen their negotiating skills.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.02(w) x 9.04(h) x 0.92(d)
- Age Range:
- 3 Months
Table of Contents1. Negotiation: The Big Picture.
2. Preparation: What to Do Before Negotiation.
3. The Conduct of Negotiation: What to Do at the Bargaining Table.
4. Integrative Negotiation: How to Be Strategically Creative.
5. Rational Behavior: A Prescriptive Approach.
6. Judgment and Decision Making: Deciding among Sure Things and Risky Prospects.
7. Social Cognition: A Look Into the Mind of the Negotiator.
8. Biases and Illusions: Stumbling Blocks on the Road to Successful Negotiation.
9. Groups and Teams: Multiple Parties at the Bargaining Table.
10. Relationships and Emotion: Building Rapport.
11. Social Justice, Fairness, and Social Utility: All's Fair.
12. Social Dilemmas and Other Noncooperative Games: We're All in this Together.
13. Experience, Expertise, and Learning: Best Practices for Peak Performance.
14. Environmental, Technological, and Cultural Clashes: When the Going Gets Tough.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >