Mindfulness- and Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapies in Practice / Edition 1by Lizabeth Roemer, Susan M. Orsillo
Pub. Date: 11/01/2008
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Accessible and practical, this book provides a unified framework for integrating acceptance and mindfulness into cognitive-behavioral practice. The authors interweave elements of acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, mindfulness-based relapse prevention, and dialectical behavior therapy. They demonstrate how to conduct an assessment, develop a case formulation, and derive a flexible treatment plan for each patient. Vivid case examples and transcripts illustrate the entire process of therapy, showing how treatment can be tailored for different presenting problems and concerns. More than two dozen reproducible handouts and forms are included.
This title is part of the Guides to Individualized Evidence-Based Treatment Series, edited by Jacqueline B. Persons.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Guides to Individualized Evidence-Based Treatment Series
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. An Acceptance-Based Behavioral Conceptualization of Clinical Problems
2. Clinical Assessment of Relevant Domains
3. Individualized Case Formulation and Treatment Planning
4. Setting the Stage for Therapy
5. Offering the Client an Acceptance-Based Behavioral Model of Human Functioning
6. Mindfulness- and Acceptance-Based Strategies
7. Setting the Stage for Behavioral Change
8. Putting It All Together: Promoting Mindful, Valued Action
9. Evaluating Progress, Relapse Prevention, and Ending Treatment
10. Incorporating Other Evidence-Based Interventions with Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapies
11. Cultural Considerations in Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapies, with Jonathan K. Lee and Cara Fuchs
Appendix. Mindfulness Books
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >