- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Introduces business and technical managers to the exciting new frontier in database technology Web sites gather a lot of detailed information about customers. Unfortunately, most companies lack the means to use that information to improve their marketing and customer support functions. Considered by most experts to be the new frontier in the database and data warehousing fields, Web mining solves that problem. Coauthored by two bestselling data mining authors, Mining the Web explains, for corporate decision makers, IT managers, and database marketers, how data mining principles and techniques can be applied to various types of Web sites. More importantly, they describe techniques for using the resulting goldmine of business data to develop more effective advertising campaigns and better customer service.
1. Nothing New under the Sun?
2. Approaches to Mining the Web.
3. Online Retailing: Selling Things That Get Delivered in a Truck.
4. Digital Content: Selling Things That Get Delivered through the Ether.
5. Selling Eyes to Advertisers.
6. Marketplaces: Connecting Sellers and Buyers.
7. How Much Are Your Customers Worth?
8. Knowing When to Worry: Hazard Functions and Survival Analysis in Marketing.
9. Cohort Analysis: Using Cohorts to Track Customers.
10. Using Marketing Tests to Understand Customers.
11. Live (and Test) and Learn.
Posted January 17, 2003
I have not found any other data mining related book that deals with direct and immediate applications as this one does. You can know nothing about data mining or what it is, read this book and be benenfitting from your own data mining research in the time it takes you to read it. I often refer to "Mining the Web" as a resource book for current project streamlining. I highly recommend this particular publication for direct data mining administration to webmasters / marketers / public relations reps./ and sales teams; guaranteed support, encouragement,even enlightenment, and easy to intuit instructions.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.