- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book presents the Time Reservation using Adaptive Control for Energy Efficiency (TRACE) family of prool architectures that provide such dynamic coordinated channel access in a distributed manner, enabling energy-efficient, real-time data communications in MANETs. Furthermore, this book provides an introduction to the fundamentals of MANETs, an overview of prools for each layer of the prool stack, and a discussion of the issues involved with energy-efficient prool design and quality of service for real-time data transmission.
Dedication. List of Figures. List of Tables. Preface.
1. INTRODUCTION. 1.1 Characteristics of MANETs. 1.2 Importance of QoS and Energy Efficiency in MANETs. 1.3 Scope and Novelty of the Book. 1.4 High Level Overview of the Book.
2. MANET FUNDAMENTALS. 2.1 Performance Metrics. 2.2 The Layered Communication Network. 2.3 Cross-layer Design. 2.4 Mobility.
3. MEDIUM ACCESS CONTROL. 3.1 Fixed Assignment MAC Prools. 3.2 Random Access MAC Prools.
4. ROUTING. 4.1 Unicast Routing. 4.2 Multicast Routing. 4.3 Broadcasting Routing. 4.4 Hierarchically Organized Networks.
5. ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND QOS. 5.1 Energy Efficiency. 5.2 Quality of Service.
6. SH-TRACE PROTOCOL ARCHITECTURE. 6.1 Introduction. 6.2 Prool Architecture. 6.3 Simulations and Analysis. 6.4 Discussion. 6.5 Summary.
7. MH-TRACE PROTOCOL ARCHITECTURE. 7.1 Introduction. 7.2 Prool Architecture. 7.3 Simulations and Analysis. 7.4 Discussion. 7.5 Summary.
8. EFFECTS OF CHANNEL ERRORS. 8.1 Introduction. 8.2 Related Work. 8.3 Analytical Model. 8.4 Simulations and Analysis. 8.5 Summary.
9. REAL-TIME DATA BROADCASTING. 9.1 Introduction. 9.2 Broadcast Architectures. 9.3 Simulation Environment. 9.4 Low Traffic Regime. 9.5 High Traffic Regime. 9.6 Summary.
10. NB-TRACE PROTOCOL ARCHITECTURE. 10.1 Introduction. 10.2 Prool Architecture. 10.3 Simulations and Analysis.10.4 Summary.
11. MC-TRACE PROTOCOL ARCHITECTURE. 11.1 Introduction. 11.2 Prool Architecture. 11.3 Simulations and Analysis. 11.4 Summary.
12. CONCLUSIONS AND FUTURE RESEARCH DIRECTIONS. 12.1 Conclusions. 12.2 Future Research Directions.
Appendices. A Multi-Stage Contention with Feedback. A.1 Generic DR-TDMA Frame Structure. A.2 Single-Stage S-ALOHA Contention. A.3 Multi-Stage Contention. A.4 Optimal Multi-Stage Contention. A.5 Discussion. A.6 Summary
B Effects of Clusterhead Separation on MH-TRACE. B.1 Modified Cluster Creation and Maintenance Algorithms. B.2 Simulation Results and Discussion. B.3 Summary
C Broadcast Capacity of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. C.1 Background. C.2 Upper Bound on Broadcast Capacity. C.3 Summary
D Glossary of Terms
Index. About The Authors