Eugene McCann is associate professor of geography at Simon Fraser University. Kevin Ward is professor of human geography at the University of Manchester.
How knowledge and power flow between places and impact cities worldwide.
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
Foreword, Allan Cochrane Introduction. Urban Assemblages: Territories, Relations, Practices, and Power, Eugene McCann and Kevin Ward
1. A Counterhegemonic Relationality of Place, Doreen Massey
2. The Spaces of Circulating Knowledge: City Strategies and Global Urban Governmentality, Jennifer Robinson
3. Creative Moments: Working Culture, Through Municipal Socialism and Neoliberal Urbanism, Jamie Peck
4. Policies in Motion and in Place: The Case of Business Improvement Districts, Kevin Ward
5. Points of Reference: Knowledge of Elsewhere in the Politics of Urban Drug Policy, Eugene McCann
6. The Urban Political Pathology of Emerging Infectious Disease in the Age of the Global City, Roger Keil and S. Harris Ali
7. Airports, Territoriality, and Urban Governance, Donald McNeill Conclusion. Cities Assembled: Space, Neoliberalization, (re)Territorialization, and Comparison, Kevin Ward and Eugene McCann Acknowledgments Contributors Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >