Modalities for Massage and Bodyworkby Elaine Stillerman
Pub. Date: 12/08/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach! This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy. Identify the modalities that best apply… See more details below
Gain a better understanding of the top modalities in massage practice with expert insight and a balanced, user-friendly approach! This current, consistently organized resource distills a wealth of information on 21 popular massage modalities into easy-to-read overviews detailing the essential principles behind each therapy. Identify the modalities that best apply to your clients, incorporate key concepts into your practice, and take the first steps toward specialization all with one helpful text!
• Leading experts lend years of valuable knowledge and experience across a wide spectrum of massage modalities including prenatal, deep tissue, shiatsu, craniosacral, reflexology, and more.
• A companion DVD demonstrates proper techniques for 7 top modalities with over 100 minutes of detailed video footage.
• Consistently organized learning tools in each chapter ensure complete understanding of learning objectives, key terminology and relevant anatomy and physiology.
• Self-assessment tests included at the end of every chapter help you gauge your strengths and identify areas requiring further study.
• More than 265 full-color illustrations clarify difficult concepts and demonstrate body mechanics, concepts, and techniques.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
1. Active Isolated Stretching - Joe Muscolino
2. Ayurvedic Therapies - Sonia Masocco
3. Cancer Massage - Bev Byers
4. Craniosacral Therapy - John Upledger with Sharon Desjarlais
5. Geriatric Massage - Susan Salvo
6. Infant and Pediatric Massage - Diana Moore
7. Lomi Lomi - Dane Silva and Makana Risser Chai
8. Manual Lymphatic Drainage - Robert Harris
9. Myofascial Release - Art Riggs with Keith Eric Grant
10. Neuromuscular Therapy and Deep Tissue Massage - Judith Walker Delany
11. Orthopedic Massage - Whitney Lowe
12. Polarity Therapy - Leslie Korn
13. Prenatal Massage - Elaine Stillerman
14. Reflexology - Laura Norman
15. Shiatsu - Sandy Anderson
16. Sports and Fitness Massage - Sandy Fritz
17. Structural Integration - Peter Schwind
18. Thai Massage - Richard Gold
19. Tragerwork - Jack Blackburn
20. Trigger Point Release - Judith Walker Delany
21. Tui Na - Terry Norman
DVD Table of Contents
DVD includes approximately 15 minutes of footage from the following modalities:
• Craniosacral Therapy
• Myofascial Release
• Prenatal Massage
• Thai Massage
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >