Model-Driven Development with Executable UMLby Dragan Milicev
A comprehensive reference for an executable UML and the advantages of modeling This book presents the most up-to-date technology for rapidly developing information systems using the object-oriented paradigm and models, and establishes an executable profile of UML for such model-driven development. As a software developer, architect, or analyst, you'll benefit from learning how information systems can be developed more efficiently using the object-oriented paradigm and model-driven approach.
Written by an expert who is uniquely qualified in the topic, this Wrox reference offers a profile of UML that is formal and executable, instead of the relational paradigm or its incomplete coupling with object orientation. It provides a comprehensive tutorial on model-driven development and UML.
- Provides an in-depth tutorial on using model-driven development and UML for building information systems, with extensive examples
- Includes tutorials and critics of traditional IS modeling paradigms, such as the relational paradigm, entity-relationship modeling, and the widely used incomplete coupling of object orientation with relational databases
- Covers basic object-oriented concepts with UML semantics, like classes and data types, attributes, associations, generalizations, operations and methods
- Proposes new powerful concepts for rapid development of information systems including contemporary user interfaces, such as programming by demonstration and others
Model-Driven Development with Executable UML offers a thorough education in this complex topic.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.80(d)
Meet the Author
Dragan Milicev, PhD, is an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Belgrade, School of Electrical Engineering. He is the founder and CTO of Serbian Object Laboratories d.o.o. (SOL, www.sol.rs), a software development company specializing in building software development tools using model-driven technology, as well as in building custom applications and systems. With 25 years of experience in building complex software systems, he has served as the chief software architect, project manager, or consultant in more than 20 academic and international industrial projects. Of note is the fact that he was Chief Software Architect and Project Manager for most of SOL’s projects and all its products: SOLoist, a rapid application model-driven development framework for information systems; SOL UML Visual Debugger, one of the world’s first UML visual debuggers, designed for the Poseidon for UML modeling tool; and SOL Java Visual Debugger, a plug-in for Eclipse that enables modeling of test object structures using UML object diagrams. He has published papers in some of the most prestigious scientific and professional journals and magazines, contributing to the theory and practice of model-driven development and UML. He is the author of three previous books on C++, object-oriented programming, and UML, published in Serbia. You may contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >