"Whether you are designing intelligent transportation systems or buffers in ATM switches, you will find key asynchronous distributed simulation techniques in this insightful book. These techniques will help revolutionize your large-scale systems' designs of today and tomorrow. Drawing on nearly 20 years of experience in modeling and simulation, the authors bring you the first book to present fundamental principles for asynchronous distributed simulation. Throughout Modeling and Asynchronous Distributed Simulation, you will explore a wealth of case studies that provide real-world approaches to a range of diverse technology disciplines.
You will also discover essentials to improve your understanding of complex systems, including:
• Determination of the simulation timestep
• Analysis of accuracy for simulation results
• Examination of how simulation results yield qualitative insights into complex system behavior
• Generation of input stimuli
• Future research trends in simulation
This valuable text offers systems designers, graduate students, and practicing computer science engineers both basic principles and complex concepts of modeling and asynchronous distributed simulation."