Moderate Sedationby CME Resource/NetCE
Upon completion of this course, you
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The purpose of the course is to provide physicians with the information necessary to perform moderate sedation safely and according to existing guidelines in order to facilitate better patient care. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Define moderate sedation, including its goals and objectives.
2. Adhere to guidelines for moderate sedation, especially those developed for one's particular specialty/setting.
3. Describe the necessary patient assessment and monitoring before, during, and after a procedure requiring sedation.
4. List the most commonly used pharmacologic agents used for moderate sedation and their advantages and disadvantages.
5. Select the optimal moderate sedation agent(s) on the basis of patient characteristics and the setting.
6. Discuss the most common complications occurring during or after moderate sedation and their appropriate management.
7. Discuss risk management issues related to moderate sedation.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.
- BN ID:
- CME Resource/NetCE
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 485 KB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews