Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
0195331451 ***BRAND-NEW*** FAST Fedex shipping, so you'll receive your order FAST! (r'cd within 1-4 business days after shipping in most cases). We've been in business for over 17 ...years. We provide EXCEPTIONAL customer service. We're open 24/7 to serve you best. PLEASE NOTE: Fedex does not deliver to PO Boxes or APO addresses, so please be sure to give us a physical street address for delivery. Also, unfortunately, we cannot ship this item to Alaska or Hawaii. Thanks!Read moreShow Less
An ideal first text on communication systems in electrical engineering, Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems is now in its fourth edition. Retaining the superb pedagogical style of the first three editions, the authors first introduce the fundamentals of signals and systems and core communication topics; they then present the tools essential to the design and analysis of digital communications. Featuring a seamless blend of mathematics and heuristics, carefully crafted examples to clarify mathematical abstractions, and new and updated MATLAB exercises, this text provides a thorough coverage of modern communication system theory and application that is easily accessible to students.
Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems is suitable for students with or without prior knowledge of probability theory. Only after laying a solid foundation in how communication systems work do the authors delve into analyses of communication systems that require probability theory and random processes. Revised, expanded, and updated throughout, the fourth edition reflects the many technological advances in the field, such as OFDM and CDMA, pervasive communication applications such as cellular systems, wireless LAN systems, and DSL modem technology services.
New to this Edition
* New discussion of technological advances and applications
* New chapters (12 and 13) on spread spectrum communications and frequency selective channels and OFDM systems
* New and updated MATLAB examples
* New material on such topics as code division multiple-access (CDMA), orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), equalization, soft decoding, turbo codes, and low-density parity check (LDPC) codes
* Flexible organization (outlined in the preface) that accommodates a variety of course structures, including one-semester, two-semester, one-quarter, and two-quarter
* Accessible to students with no background in probability theory
* Abundant real-world examples that are applicable to students' everyday lives
* Gives intuitive insights—rather than just proofs—wherever possible, as well as heuristic explanations of theoretical results
2 Signals and Signal Space.
3 Analysis and Transmission of Signals.
4 Amplitude Modulations and Demodulations.
5 Angle Modulation and Demodulation.
6 Sampling and Analog to Digital Conversion.
7 Principles of Digital Data Transmission.
8 Fundamentals of Probability Theory.
9 Random Processes and Spectral Analysis.
10 Performance Analysis of Modulated Communication Systems Under Noise.
11 Performance Analysis of Digital Communication Systems.
12 Spread Spectrum Communications.
13 Digital Communications under Linearly Distortive Channels.
14 Introduction to Information Theory.
15 Error Correcting Codes.