Modern Financial Intermediaries and Markets / Edition 1by Nasser Arshadi, Gordon V. Karels
Pub. Date: 10/08/1996
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
Presents the process of financial intermediation as a broad theme that extends beyond the nature and purpose of financial intermediaries to include their influence over the financial instruments and markets in which they operate. Modern Financial Intermediaries and Markets integrates diverse topics under a running theme to provide extensive coverage of the modern functions of financial institutions such as off-balance-sheet activities, securitization, and financial derivatives. The book presents real-world examples and problems within a modern, global perspective. A valuable book for any professional who needs to understand more about global financial markets and institutions or bank management.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.21(w) x 10.22(h) x 0.96(d)
Table of ContentsI. FINANCIAL INTERMEDIATION.
1. A Framework for Studying Financial Intermediaries and Markets.
2. Why Do Firms Exist?
3. Why Do Financial Intermediaries Exist?
4. Basic Functions of Depository Intermediaries.
5. Modern Functions of Depository Intermediaries: Off- Balance-Sheet, Loan Sale, and Securitization Activities.
6. Regulation of Depository Financial Intermediaries.
7. The Deposit Insurance System.
8. Nondepository Financial Intermediaries: Insurance Companies.
9. Nondepository Financial Intermediaries: Pension Funds, Mutual Funds, Investment Banks, and Finance Companies.
10. Global Financial Intermediation.
II. FINANCIAL MARKETS.
11. Market Efficiency and Asset Pricing.
12. Level and Structure of Interest Rates.
13. Money and Capital Markets.
14. Major Capital Market Transactions: Takeovers, Defensive Tactics, and Insider Trading.
III. FINANCIAL DERIVATIVES.
15. Derivatives and the Management of Financial Risk.
16. Forwards and Futures.
19. Future Trends in Financial Intermediation and Markets.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >