Modern Project Finance: A Casebook / Edition 1by Benjamin C. Esty, Madelyn Lesure
Pub. Date: 10/17/2003
This cutting-edge financial casebook is divided into four modules: Structuring Projects, Valuing Projects, Managing Project Risk, and Financing Projects. The cases have been carefully selected to reflect actual use of project finance over the past five years in terms of geographic location (the cases come from 15 different countries) and industrial
This cutting-edge financial casebook is divided into four modules: Structuring Projects, Valuing Projects, Managing Project Risk, and Financing Projects. The cases have been carefully selected to reflect actual use of project finance over the past five years in terms of geographic location (the cases come from 15 different countries) and industrial sectors.
• Benjamin Esty, of the Harvard Business School, is one of the leading scholars in project finance.
• Project finance is becoming the financing mechanism of choice for many private firms.
• Cases require the reader to integrate knowledge from multiple disciplines when making a single managerial decision. This integration of functional areas such as strategy, operations, ethics, and human resource management encourages the reader to adopt a more integrative perspective and understanding of the interconnectedness of managerial decision-making.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.25(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.18(d)
Table of Contents
About the Author.
1. Introduction to Modern Project Finance.
2. An Overview of Project Finance.
3. Why Study Large Projects?
MODULE 1. STRUCTURE PROJECTS.
4. The Chad-Cameroon Petroleum Development and Pipeline Project (A).
5. Australia-Japan Cable: Structuring the Project Company.
6. Calpine Corporation: The Evolution from Project to Corporate Finance.
7. BP Amoco (A): Policy Statement on the Use of Project Finance.
8. BP Amoco (B): Financing Development of the Caspian Oil Fields.
MODULE 2. VALUING PROJECTS.
9. Airbus A3XX: Developing the World's Largest Commercial Jet (A).
10. Nghe An Tate & Lyle Sugar Company (Vietnam).
11. An Economic Framework for Assessing Development Impact.
12. Texas High-Speed Rail Corporation.
13. Contractual Innovation in the UK Energy Markets: Enron Europe, The Eastern Group, and the Sutton Bridge Project .
14. Bidding for Antamina
MODULE 3: MANAGING RISKY PROJECTS.
15. Petrolera Zuata, Petrozuata C.A.
16. Poland's A2 Motorway.
17. Restructuring Bulong's Project Debt.
18. Mobile Energy Services Company.
19. Financing the Mozal Project.
MODULE 4. FINANCING PROJECTS.
20. Chase's Strategy for Syndicating the Hong Kong Disneyland Loan (A).
21. The International Investor: Islamic Finance and the Equate Project .
22. Introduction to Islamic Finance (note).
23. Financing PPL Corporation's Growth Strategy.
24. Basel II: Assessing the Default and Loss Characteristics of Project Finance Loans.
25. Iridium LLC.
Project Finance Research, Data, and Information Sources.
Project Finance Glossary.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >