The Molecular Basis of Cancer: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 3by John Mendelsohn, Mark A. Israel, Joe W. Gray, Craig B. Thompson
Pub. Date: 03/26/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Successfully fighting cancer starts with understanding how it begins. This thoroughly revised 3rd Edition explores the scientific basis for our current understanding of malignant transformation and the pathogenesis and treatment of cancer. A team of leading experts thoroughly explain the molecular biologic principles that underlie the diagnostic tests and therapeutic interventions now being used in clinical trials and practice. Incorporating cutting-edge advances and the newest research, the book provides thorough descriptions of everything from molecular abnormalities in common cancers to new approaches for cancer therapy. A new full-color format expedites reference, and now as an Expert Consult title, it enables you to conveniently search the entire text online, download all of the book’s images for your personal use, and review periodic updates.
- Offers online access the book's complete contents—fully searchable—along with periodic updates, and artwork from the text for your personal use.
- Features sweeping updates throughout, including molecular targets for the development of anti-cancer drugs, gene therapy, and vaccines...keeping you on the cutting edge of your specialty.
- Offers a new, more user-friendly full-color format so the information that you need is easier to find.
- Presents abundant figures—all redrawn in full color—illustrating major concepts for easier comprehension.
- Features numerous descriptions of the latest clinical strategies—helping you to understand and take advantage of today’s state-of-the-art biotechnology advances.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of ContentsSection I - Malignant Transformation
Cancer - A Genetic Disorder
Regulation of the Cell Cycle
Programmed Cell Death and Senescence
Progressive Genetic Abnormalities in Human Neoplasia
Tumor Suppressor Genes
Oncogenes and Signal Transduction
Section II - Growth and Spread of Cancer
Growth Factors and Their Receptors in Epithelial Malignancies
Metastasis and Angiogenesis: Molecular Dissection and Novel Applications
Adhesions and Mechanisms
Tumor Angiogenesis and Antiangiogenesis
Section III - Molecular Pathogenesis of Specific Malignancies
Molecular Biology of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma
Molecular Genetics of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Molecular Biology of Childhood Neoplasms
Molecular Biology of Lung Cancer
Molecular Abnormalities in Colon and Rectal Cancer
Molecular Basis of Breast Cancer
Molecular Pathogenesis of Ovarian Cancer
Molecular Biology of Melanoma
Section IV - Molecular Basis of Cancer Therapy
Natural and Acquired Resistance to Chemotherapeutic Agents
Interferons and Hematopoietic Cytokines
Cellular Immunity and Cytokines
Molecular Basis of Cancer Therapy
Molecular Markers in Cancer Therapy: Evolution of a Concept
Molecular Mechanisms of Chemoprevention and Differentiation Therapy
Counseling for Hereditary Cancer Risk
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >