Mosby¿s 2005 Nursing Drug Cards / Edition 15by Joseph A. Albanese, Patricia A. Nutz, Patricia A. Nutz
Pub. Date: 07/30/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards are an excellent resource for students and professionals seeking concise, portable, and convenient drug information. The 2005 edition features 480 cards, including 40 new drugs and 100 new drug facts, which contain pharmacology and nursing management content for over 860 generic and 1,320 brand-name drugs. This boxed card set also… See more details below
Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards are an excellent resource for students and professionals seeking concise, portable, and convenient drug information. The 2005 edition features 480 cards, including 40 new drugs and 100 new drug facts, which contain pharmacology and nursing management content for over 860 generic and 1,320 brand-name drugs. This boxed card set also includes approximately 70 drug category cards, which allows for easy review and thorough understanding of the relationship among individual drugs in the same category. Along with the cards for individual drugs and drug categories, additional features include Drug Class Quickfacts, Fundamentals of Drug Therapy, the convenient Drug Review Guide, Management of Ingested Drug Overdose, as well as appendices of Nutritional Supplements: Herbal and Non-herbal Products and Look-Alike/Sound-Alike Drug Names. A plastic sleeve is included to enable users to carry a handful of cards at a time for quick reference during clinicals.
• Features a portable size (4" x 6") and sturdy card stock to ensure the most convenient and durable nursing drug cards available.
• Includes a free 6-month subscription to the Internet version of Mosby's Drug Consult - an authoritative source of unbiased drug information.
• Provides an introductory section, Drug Class Quickfacts, presenting quick definitions and functions of major drug classifications.
• Contains a Fundamentals of Drug Therapy section for at-a-glance reference to essential information.
• Includes a Drug Review Guide listing drugs by body system and drug class to allow for quick access to drug information by body system.
• Includes a Management of Ingested Drug Overdose section for instant access to this critical information.
• Includes pharmacologic and related nursing content for over 860 generic and 1,320 brand name drugs.
• Organizes cards alphabetically by generic name for ease of retrieving information.
• Includes thorough coverage of nursing management priorities for drug categories, using a six-step nursing process format: assess, diagnose, plan (containing geriatric, pediatric, dietary management, and lab test evaluation information when appropriate), implement, educate patient, and evaluate.
• Features a consistent format for quick reference: generic name, pronunciation, category, pregnancy category, brand name, manufacturer, dosage forms, use, action, pharmacokinetics, contraindications, warnings, dosage, side/adverse effects, interactions, nursing management priorities, and notes.
• Contains the latest NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses for all drug categories, exposing students to the application of nursing diagnoses to pharmacology.
• Includes a vinyl sleeve to enable users to carry a handful of cards at a time for use in clinicals.
• Contains an appendix on Nutritional Supplements which features herbal and non-herbal products.
• The index is now printed on yellow card stock for easy retrieval.
• Includes an online card creator to allow users to create personalized drug cards.
• Distinguishes between common and life-threatening side effects for drugs, educating students as to potential reactions and their significance.
• Includes subheadings for drug, food, and laboratory interactions for easy retrieval of critical information.
• Provides pronunciations for each generic drug and drug category to enable the reader to use and understand drug names in conversation.
• Includes common conversion formulas inside the top lid of the box to allow for easy access to this information.
• Includes an appendix containing dosage calculation formulas to assist the student in learning to calculate correct drug dosages.
• Allows users to obtain drug information updates on a regular basis via the Mosby's Nursing Drug Card Updates web site.
• Includes a comprehensive index with generic and trade names, with drug classes and combination products on yellow stock for easy retrieval.
• Includes blank templates to enable the student to create additional cards.
• Contains more than 40 new drugs and 3 new drug categories.
• Presents approximately 100 new drug facts, providing access to the most current information, such as recent dosage forms, new brand names (including Canadian), contraindications, side effects, actions, drug interactions, uses, and nursing management priorities.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- with Bonus Online Drug Reference
- Product dimensions:
- 3.66(w) x 9.78(h) x 3.87(d)
Table of Contents
Drug card explanation
Selected manufacturer abbreviations
Fundamentals of Drug Therapy
Drug Class Quickfacts
Drug Review Guide
Management of Ingested Drug Overdose
A. Drug Dosage Calculations
B. Syringe Compatibility Chart
C. IV Compatibility Chart
D. Nutritional Supplements: Herbal and Non-herbal Products
E. Look-Alike/Sound-alike Drug Names
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >