Mosby's 2007 Dental Drug Consult / Edition 9by Mosby, James W. Little
Pub. Date: 08/18/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This convenient chair-side drug reference for dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants offers essential drug information in a succinct, accessible format. The user-friendly design provides easy access to essential information on drugs commonly taken by patients. Drugs are presented alphabetically by generic name in a logical and consistent format. An easy… See more details below
This convenient chair-side drug reference for dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants offers essential drug information in a succinct, accessible format. The user-friendly design provides easy access to essential information on drugs commonly taken by patients. Drugs are presented alphabetically by generic name in a logical and consistent format. An easy-to-use alphabetic cross-index offers quick access to both brand and generic name drugs. A second index, based on a therapeutic and pharmacologic classification, can also be used to quickly locate drug monographs. Useful fact tables are located on the inside covers and in the appendices.
• Offers information on drug, food, and herbal interactions.
• A "Do Not Confuse With" appendix includes a listing of similar sounding generic and trade names that could be confused, thus resulting in medication errors.
• Includes a section on Medically Compromised Patients.
• Dental alert icons highlight oral side effects.
• Drug interaction icons designate interactions of concern to dentistry.
• Maple leaf icons indicate common brand names for the generic drug sold only in Canada.
• Provides information on the top 200 prescription drugs in the United States.
• Provides complete monographs for 50 herbal and nonherbal remedies.
• Includes complete and consistent monographs of more than 850 commonly used drug products.
• Focuses on drug interactions of clinical interest.
• Offers pregnancy risk category, controlled substance schedule, and over-the-counter status.
• Alphabetic index.
• Therapeutic/pharmacologic index.
• The Dental Considerations section in individual drug monographs includes dental treatment warnings related to medical indications for the drug. It also offers treatment plan modifications related to drug side effects.
• A CD-ROM bound in the back of each book contains 30 full-color pathologic conditions that may result from drugs patients are taking. Each drug is cross-referenced to the page in the book where the drug is discussed. The CD also contains 950 patient education sheets (customizable to include specific practice information). These sheets provide patients with invaluable drug information and specific instructions, and all are available in both English and Spanish.
Table of Contents
• 1. Individual Drug Monographs
• 2. Therapeutic Management of Common Oral Lesions
• 3. Medically Compromised Patients
• 4. Combination Drugs by Trade Name
• 5. Herbal and Nonherbal Remedies
• 6. Appendices
• A. Abbreviations
• B. Anesthestics
• C. Controlled Substances
• D. Disorders and Conditions
• E. Pregnancy and Pediatrics
• F. Prescription Examples
• G. Preventing Medication Errors and Improving Medication Safety
• H. English-Spanish Drug Phrase Translator
• I. Top 200 Drugs
• J. Selected References
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >