- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Always have the drug information you need available at a quick glance with these convenient, pocket-sized cards! Fully updated with the most current drug facts, Mosby's 2008 Nursing Drug Cards feature complete pharmacologic details and nursing management priorities for over 860 generic and 1,320 brand-name drugs. You can also access new drug updates online, and use the accompanying CD-ROM to view and print monographs, additional drug information, and many other practical tools and resources.
• 480 convenient drug cards provide essential facts in a format that fits right in your pocket - featuring generic names, pronunciations, categories, pregnancy categories, brand names, manufacturers, dosage forms, uses, actions, pharmacokinetics, contraindications, warnings, dosages, side/adverse effects, and interactions.
• Subheadings for drug, food, and laboratory interactions make it easy to locate critical information.
• A companion CD-ROM lets you view and print monographs and additional drug information from your computer, as well as access helpful tools such as drug calculators, animations that show how drugs work within the body, and a drug card creator.
• Other helpful resources on CD-ROM include Drug Class Quickfacts, a Fundamentals of Drug Therapy review, a Drug Review Guide that lists drugs by body system and drug class, and non-herbal nutritional supplement information.
• Safety alerts highlight important considerations for drug administration.
• UNIQUE safe drug administration features - such as "Tall man" lettering for easily confused drug names - are used throughout.
• Nursing management priorities for each drug guide you step-by-step through the nursing process: Assess, Diagnose, Plan/Implement, and Evaluate, incorporating the latest NANDA nursing diagnoses.
• A UNIQUE Management of Ingested Drug Overdose section helps you respond to overdoses quickly and confidently.
• A vinyl sleeve lets you pull out cards for all of your patients' current medications and carry them with you during clinicals.
• Cards are organized alphabetically by generic drug name so you can quickly find what you need to know.
• A comprehensive index includes generic and trade names, drug classes, combination products, and references to information found on the companion Evolve website.
• An appendix contains dosage calculation formulas to help you administer accurate dosages.
• Common conversion formulas are printed inside the box lid.
• Additional appendices provide information on IV compatibility for drugs administered via this route, as well as information on herbal nutritional supplements.
• Create additional cards using blank card templates provided.
• Go online to the Mosby's Nursing Drug Card Updates website to obtain regular updates and information on newly approved drugs.
• Find up-to-date information on the drugs your patients may be taking, including 20 new drugs and over 100 new drug facts added to this edition.
• Access the most current facts available for every drug, such as recent dosage forms, new brand names (including Canadian), contraindications, side effects, actions, drug interactions, uses, and nursing management priorities.
Drug Card Explanation
Selected Manufacturer Abbreviations
Management of Ingested Drug Overdose
A. Drug Dosage Calculations
B. Syringe Compatibility Chart
C. IV Compatibility Chart
D. Herbal Nutritional Supplements
E. Look-Alike/Sound-alike Drug Names