- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; This revised reprint is now updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines. It is the first text to incorporate both prehospital and hospital management of pediatric emergencies. This unique text provides in-depth coverage of every area of pediatric emergency care - making it ideal for prehospital providers, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals who treat pediatric patients. In addition to the new ECC guideline, it includes pediatric advanced life support. This is the approved textbook for the American Safety & Health Institute's (ASHI) pediatric emergency care course. For more information on ASHI courses, call 800-246-5101 or visit www.ashinstitute.org. Instructor resources available; contact your sales representative for details.
• Updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
• Includes pediatric advanced life support.
• An outline format featuring bulleted lists, concise tables, and a user-friendly writing style makes this comprehensive text incredibly easy to read and understand.
• A laminated quick-reference card gives practitioners easy access to critical information in the field or hospital. This convenient card includes essential information regarding respiratory and heart rates, blood pressure, basic life support interventions, Glasgow Coma Scale, airway size and equipment selection for intubation corresponding to the Broselow Resuscitation Tape, several pediatric algorithms, and pain assessment tools.
• PEDS Pearl boxes help readers apply information covered in the text to real-life clinical situations.
• A Medication Chart in Chapter 8 features an alphabetical listing of medications commonly used in pediatric emergency care, helping readers learn the basics of common medications at a glance.
• Sidebars contain additional information relevant to the topics covered in the chapter, giving readers an opportunity for further learning.
• Chapter quizzes help readers gauge their comprehension of the chapter.
• Glossary at the end of the book allows readers to look up words quickly and easily.
• A Pretest and a Posttest consisting of multiple-choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, and essay questions test readers' overall comprehension of the material.
Chapter 1 Chain of Survival and Emergency Medical Services for Children Chapter 2 Growth and Development Chapter 3 Patient Assessment Chapter 4 Respiratory Distress and Respiratory Failure Chapter 5 Respiratory Interventions Chapter 6 Cardiovascular Emergencies Chapter 7 Cardiovascular Interventions Chapter 8 Fluids and Medications Chapter 9 Trauma and Burns Chapter 10 Selected Childhood Illnesses
• Infectious Disorders
• Neurological Disorders
• Gastrointestinal Disorders
• Endocrine Disorders
• Hematologic Disorders
• Psychiatric Disorders Chapter 11 Environmental Emergencies Chapter 12 Toxicological Emergencies Chapter 13 Child Maltreatment Chapter 14 Death of an Infant or Child Chapter 15 Children with Special Healthcare Needs Chapter 16 Resuscitation of the Newly Born
Posttest Glossary Index