Thousands of students have used this review tool and study guide for the NCLEX-RN examination. Why? With this popular review book, they'll get an effective blend of content review and NCLEX-style questions. This 17th edition has been completely revised and updated to include more than 3,500 test questions making it a "must-have" for top students who are serious about passing this test. Its unique coding of questions helps students evaluate performance according to the most recent NCLEX test plan. Plus, it offers a thorough outline review of medical-surgical, pediatric, maternity/women's health, and mental health nursing. Each chapter is followed by NCLEX-style test questions that cover key categories of concern within each clinical area, and two comprehensive tests follow the review chapters. A CD-ROM bound in the book includes 1,000 additional questions to provide students with practice on the computer.
• More than 3,500 test questions are provided in content-specific or comprehensive exam formats to give students several study and exam options.
• Answers and rationales are included for all test questions so students can understand why answers are right or wrong.
• All test questions are coded by difficulty level, client need, nursing process, category of concern, and clinical area to allow students to analyze their test performance in a variety of categories.
• A CD-ROM included with the book gives students an electronic testing experience and allows them to customize exams for focused study needs.
• A comprehensive outline format provides easy access to key nursing content.
• A new Critical Thinking/Professional Decision Making code has been added to each test question in the areas of Clinical Judgement, Legal and Ethical Accountability, and Managerial Responsibilities to allow students to analyze their performance in these skill areas.
• A new chapter on Foundations of Practice separates administrative nursing from clinical nursing content.
• Pharmacology content is highlighted with a special icon to allow for easy identification.
• All test questions from the book are added to the 1,000 additional questions on the CD-ROM.
• A calculator option is provided on the CD-ROM to be consistent with the features of the electronic NCLEX-RN exam.
Spanish version of 15th edition also available, ISBN: 84-8174-212-0