Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Nursing for NCLEX-RN Examination / Edition 19by Delores F. Saxton, Patricia M. Nugent, Phyllis K. Pelikan
Pub. Date: 11/13/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Celebrating its 60th anniversary, Mosby’s Comprehensive Review of Nursing for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 19th Edition is now completely reorganized and in full-color for an even better studying experience! Content is divided into units covering the core areas of medical-surgical, pediatric, maternity/women’s health, and mental health nursing.
Celebrating its 60th anniversary, Mosby’s Comprehensive Review of Nursing for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 19th Edition is now completely reorganized and in full-color for an even better studying experience! Content is divided into units covering the core areas of medical-surgical, pediatric, maternity/women’s health, and mental health nursing. Smaller chapters within the units break down information into smaller, more manageable pieces for a complete review of key content. NCLEX-RN® examination-style questions, including the newest alternate item formats, follow each unit and help you master the content and practice with critical thinking questions seen on the exam. With over 4,100 questions with rationales in the book and on the companion CD-ROM for practice in print and electronic formats, this all-inclusive review is a vital study tool for the NCLEX-RN® exam.
• A clear, concise outline format presents in-depth content review from all core clinical areas in an easy-to-study design.
• Detailed rationales for both correct and incorrect answer options ensure effective and efficient test preparation.
• Three modes – study, quiz, and exam – on the companion CD provide customized practice.
• Two comprehensive exams coded by clinical area, client needs categories, and nursing process help you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and guide your study.
• More alternate item format questions than ever provide additional practice with these important critical thinking questions.
• Additional illustrations and tables help you visualize and understand essential nursing content.
• An overview of the latest NCLEX-RN® test plan highlights the latest changes and content additions to better prepare you for the exam.
• UNIQUE! A “Get Updates” link on the Companion CD provides access to the latest content and software updates.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction For Students Preparing For The NCLEX-RN® Examination
Unit 1 Foundations of Nursing Practice
1. Factors Influencing Client Needs and Nursing Care
2. Basics of Nursing Practice
3. Integral Aspects of Nursing Care
4. Foundations of Nursing Practice Review Questions with Answers and Rationales
Unit 2 Medical-Surgical Nursing
5. Growth and Development of the Adult
6. Nursing Care of Clients with Circulatory System (Cardiovascular, Blood, and Lymphatic Systems) Disorders
7. Nursing Care of Clients with Respiratory System Disorders
8. Nursing Care of Clients with Gastrointestinal System Disorders
9. Nursing Care of Clients with Endocrine System Disorders
10. Nursing Care of Clients with Integumentary System Disorders
11. Nursing Care of Clients with Neuromusculoskeletal System Disorders
12. Nursing Care of Clients with Urinary/Reproductive System Disorders
13. Nursing Care of Clients with Infectious Diseases
14. Medical-Surgical Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales
Unit 3 Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing
15. Foundations of Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing
16. The Practice of Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing
17. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Usually First Evident in Infancy, Childhood, or Adolescence
18. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Related to Alterations in Cognition and Perception
19. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Related to Anxiety and Alterations in Mood
20. Nursing Care of Clients with Disorders Related to Alterations in Behavior
21. Nursing Care of Clients with Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
22. Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales
Unit 4 Childbearing and Women’s Health Nursing
23. Nursing Care to Promote Childbearing and Women’s Health
24. Nursing Care Related to Major Disorders Affecting Women’s Health
25. Nursing Care of Women During Uncomplicated Pregnancy, Labor, Childbirth, and the Postpartum Period
26. Nursing Care of Women at Risk During Pregnancy, Labor, Childbirth, and the Postpartum Period
27. Nursing Care of the Newborn
28. Childbearing and Women’s Health Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales
Unit 5 Child Health Nursing
29. Foundations of Child Health Nursing
30. Nursing Care of Infants
31. Nursing Care of Toddlers
32. Nursing Care of Preschoolers
33. Nursing Care of School-Age Children
34. Nursing Care of Adolescents
35. Child Health Nursing Review Questions with Answers and Rationales
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
It a good review for taking the NCLEX-RN. The cd that comes with is awesome, I use that more than the book.
I passed my first NCLEX in 1980 using Mosby's. This book had several questions though that were incorrect. In other words, the answers were wrong.
The review sections before the questions are really great! They offer just the right amount of information. I have also been able to use this book as a source for my nursing care plans!
This test prep book was (in my opinion) 100% the reason why I passed the NCLEX exam. This review book breaks down the information into strategies, test taking skills, and all of the different body systems. As you probably know, the NCLEX tests on a certain percentage of information from each of the body systems. This book not only discusses the test format in detail, but also prepares you for each system on the test. This book has sample exams which are a huge help. Each chapter has a set of sample questions that solidly prepare you for the NCLEX exam. I have always loved Mosby education books but this one hits it out of the park.
I found it ok for my second year. It wasn't as indepth as I would have liked.