Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference / Edition 4by Susan B. Stillwell
Pub. Date: 04/04/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Developed to provide nurse clinicians with a resource for the management of adult critical care patients, Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference condenses the most essential information needed by nurses working in the ICU. This valuable, pocket-sized reference provides information on broad topics that apply to a variety of critically ill patients, as well as
Developed to provide nurse clinicians with a resource for the management of adult critical care patients, Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference condenses the most essential information needed by nurses working in the ICU. This valuable, pocket-sized reference provides information on broad topics that apply to a variety of critically ill patients, as well as detailed information on organ diseases. Chapters are dedicated to psychosocial concerns, complementary therapies, and the unique needs of a pediatric patient in an adult ICU. Therapeutic modalities and pharmacology are both examined, with information that is useful for the student, the new nurse, and the experienced professional.
• Handy size allows portability and ease of use in working conditions.
• Contains both general information on patient care, as well as specific details outlining nursing procedures in a professional setting.
• Organization of material presented allows for quick access of desired subject matter in critical care situations.
• Allows critical care nurses to quickly assess, diagnose, and facilitate the care of patients in an ICU setting.
• Clearly organized appendices allow the user to rapidly obtain frequently needed data.
• The most up-to-date terminology, topics, modalities, and treatments are incorporated throughout.
• New chapter on palliative care in the critical care unit has been included.
• Updated information is presented regarding pain control from the World Health Organization, as well as drug incompatibilities.
• Discussions have been added on such topics as cortisol level testing, new laboratory tests such as brain naturetic peptide, and therapies used in end of life.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 4.40(w) x 7.50(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
1. Critical Care Patient Assessment Guides
2. Acute Pain in the Critically Ill Patient
3. Concepts common in the Care of the Critically Ill Patient
4. Psychosocial Concerns of the Critically Ill Patient
5. The Critically Ill Patient
6. Monitoring the Critically Ill Patient
7. Therapeutic Modalities
8. Palliative Care In the Critical Care Unit
9. Nursing Care of the Child in the Adult Critical Care Unit
10. Pharmacology in the Critically Ill Patient
11. Complementary Therapies
A. Scoring tools
B. Organ and tissue donation
C. Body surface area nomogram
E. Guides to advanced cardiovascular life support
F. Confusion assessment method
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >