Mosby's Dental Dictionary / Edition 2by David W. Nunez
Pub. Date: 10/12/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Designed for use by the entire dental team, Mosby's Dental Dictionary includes more than 10,000 terms and 300 full-color illustrations. Definitions include all areas of dentistry, basic, clinical and behavioral sciences, terms related to office management, and commonly used medical terms. Thoroughly revised and updated, this edition includes more terms, more… See more details below
Designed for use by the entire dental team, Mosby's Dental Dictionary includes more than 10,000 terms and 300 full-color illustrations. Definitions include all areas of dentistry, basic, clinical and behavioral sciences, terms related to office management, and commonly used medical terms. Thoroughly revised and updated, this edition includes more terms, more pronunciations, and extensive appendices for quick, easy-to-use access to information used daily in the clinical setting.
• A companion CD-ROM offers the entire book in a searchable format, with audio pronunciations and thumbnails of illustrations that can be enlarged for optimal viewing.
• Full-color illustrations enhance definitions.
• Bolded pronunciations indicate which terms can be heard on the CD-ROM.
• Accuracy of entries is verified by an expert review board including dentists and dental hygienists.
• Colored thumb bleeds make it easy to locate definitions quickly.
• Portable size offers convenience as a chairside or computer-side reference.
• A flexible cover provides durability.
• Extensive appendices provide useful information in a quick-access format.
• 800 new terms have been added, especially in the fields of oral surgery, anatomy, and pathology.
• More implant and pathology photos are included to visually depict additional conditions and equipment.
• 20% more pronunciations have been added to the companion CD-ROM, for a total of 5,200 pronunciations.
• Updated appendices include CDT-2007/2008 - the coding system from the American Dental Association (ADA), chemical agents for surface disinfection, and the ADA's guidelines for prescribing dental radiographs.
• Implant prosthetics appendix has been added.
• New consultants include implantologist Charles Babbush, a pioneer in the field of dental implants and an internationally acclaimed surgeon, teacher, and lecturer.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 5.27(w) x 7.60(h) x 0.97(d)
Table of Contents
Alphabetic Listing of Terms
A. Symbols and Abbreviations
B. American Dental Association (ADA) Dental Codes 2007/2008
C. Anxiety and Pain Management
D. Clinical Oral Structures
E. Dental Professional Organizations
F. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
G. Infection Control
H. Legal and Ethical Issues
I. How Dental Terms Are Made and Read
J. Nutrition and Nutritional Counseling
L. Radiology and Radiography
M. Tooth Numbering Systems and Explanation for Mounting Radiographs
N. Dental Prosthetics NEW!
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >