Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference / Edition 11by Kathleen Deska Pagana
Pub. Date: 10/15/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The best selling reference for laboratory and dianostic testing! This widely acclaimed resource features an easy-to-use format and proven, reliable content. Each detailed test entry includes normal findings, test explanation, pre-, intra- and post-procedure care, as well as abnormal findings. All the laboratory and diagnostic information you need, along with useful illustrations, make this a vital resource for you.
New to this Edition:
- Twenty-five new test entries -- including bioterrorism infectious agents, bladder cancer markers, breast ductal lavage, lipoprotein electrophoresis, SARS viral testing, sexual assault testing, and virtual colonoscopy -- present the latest tests and procedures.
- Appendix C: Disease and Organ Panels lists the tests in 26 common panels, along with a page reference to the main discussion of each test.
- Alphabetical presentation with A-to-Z thumb tabs for quick reference.
- Begins each test entry on a new page making tests of interest easy to find.
- Includes normal findings for adult (male and female), elderly, and pediatric patients where applicable to provide complete clinical data.
- Highlights possible critical values to alert the reader to situations requiring immediate intervention.
- Symbol next to drug-related interfering factors alerts the reader to the effects of pharmacologic agents on tests.
- Increased and decreased abnormal findings are highlighted with directional arrows.
- Icon for patient teaching-related care indicates information that should be shared with patients and their families.
- Home care responsibilities boxes provide important patient teaching guidelines and instructions for patients outside of acute care settings.
- Concludes each test with a notes section that enables readers to add their own information.
- User’s Guide to Test Preparation and Performance provides an overview and guidelines for each type of laboratory test and diagnostic procedure to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Lists of tests by body system and test type allow the reader to quickly locate related studies.
- Abbreviations for tests are listed on the end papers and symbols and units of measurement are listed in an appendix.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.68(w) x 7.48(h) x 1.31(d)
Table of Contents
Abbreviations for Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests
List of Figures
User’s Guide to Test Preparation and Procedures
Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests (presented in alphabetical order)
Appendix A: List of Tests by Body System
Appendix B: List of Tests by Type
Appendix C: Disease and Organ Panels
Appendix D: Symbols and Units of Measurement
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >