Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference / Edition 10by Kathleen Deska Pagana
Pub. Date: 12/15/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The best selling reference for laboratory and dianostic testing! This widely acclaimed resource features an easy-to-use format and proven, reliable content. Each detailed test entry includes normal findings, test explanation, pre-, intra- and post-procedure care, as well as abnormal findings. All the laboratory and diagnostic information you need, along with useful… See more details below
The best selling reference for laboratory and dianostic testing! This widely acclaimed resource features an easy-to-use format and proven, reliable content. Each detailed test entry includes normal findings, test explanation, pre-, intra- and post-procedure care, as well as abnormal findings. All the laboratory and diagnostic information you need, along with useful illustrations, make this a vital resource for you.
New to this Edition:
- Twenty-five new test entries -- including bioterrorism infectious agents, bladder cancer markers, breast ductal lavage, lipoprotein electrophoresis, SARS viral testing, sexual assault testing, and virtual colonoscopy -- present the latest tests and procedures.
- Appendix C: Disease and Organ Panels lists the tests in 26 common panels, along with a page reference to the main discussion of each test.
- Alphabetical presentation with A-to-Z thumb tabs for quick reference.
- Begins each test entry on a new page making tests of interest easy to find.
- Includes normal findings for adult (male and female), elderly, and pediatric patients where applicable to provide complete clinical data.
- Highlights possible critical values to alert the reader to situations requiring immediate intervention.
- Symbol next to drug-related interfering factors alerts the reader to the effects of pharmacologic agents on tests.
- Increased and decreased abnormal findings are highlighted with directional arrows.
- Icon for patient teaching-related care indicates information that should be shared with patients and their families.
- Home care responsibilities boxes provide important patient teaching guidelines and instructions for patients outside of acute care settings.
- Concludes each test with a notes section that enables readers to add their own information.
- User’s Guide to Test Preparation and Performance provides an overview and guidelines for each type of laboratory test and diagnostic procedure to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Lists of tests by body system and test type allow the reader to quickly locate related studies.
- Abbreviations for tests are listed on the end papers and symbols and units of measurement are listed in an appendix.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 4.60(w) x 7.60(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
Abbreviations for Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests
List of Figures
User’s Guide to Test Preparation and Procedures
Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests (presented in alphabetical order)
Appendix A: List of Tests by Body System
Appendix B: List of Tests by Type
Appendix C: Disease and Organ Panels
Appendix D: Symbols and Units of Measurement
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >