Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference / Edition 6by Kathleen Deska Pagana, Timothy James Pagana
Pub. Date: 11/08/2002
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This comprehensive and up-to-date handbook features clinically relevant laboratory and diagnostic tests organized alphabetically for quick reference. Tests are presented in a consistent format, which allows for concise coverage without sacrificing the depth of detail necessary for a thorough understanding of diagnostic testing. Each test entry includes, where… See more details below
This comprehensive and up-to-date handbook features clinically relevant laboratory and diagnostic tests organized alphabetically for quick reference. Tests are presented in a consistent format, which allows for concise coverage without sacrificing the depth of detail necessary for a thorough understanding of diagnostic testing. Each test entry includes, where relevant, alternate or abbreviated test names; type of test; normal findings; possible critical values; test explanation and related physiology; contraindications; potential complications; interfering factors; procedure and patient care (before, during, and after); and abnormal findings.
• A portable size and durable cover make it handy as an on-the-spot reference.
• A colorful design highlights vital information and enhances visual appeal.
• The User's Guide to Test Preparation and Performance provides an overview and guidelines for each type of laboratory test and diagnostic procedure to ensure safety and accuracy.
• Tests are organized alphabetically with A-to-Z thumb tabs for quick reference.
• Each test entry begins on a new page making tests of interest easy to find.
• Normal findings are included for adults (male and female), the elderly, and pediatric patients, where applicable, to provide complete clinical data.
• Possible critical values are highlighted to alert readers to situations requiring immediate intervention.
• Symbols next to drug-related interfering factors alert readers to the effects of pharmacologic agents on tests.
• Increased and decrease abnormal findings are highlighted with directional arrows.
• Home Care Responsibilities boxes provide important patient teaching guidelines and instructions for patients outside of acute care settings.
• Each test is concluded with a Notes section that enables readers to add their own information.
• Lists of tests by body system and test type allow the reader to quickly locate related studies.
• Abbreviations for tests are listed at the end of the book, and symbols and units of measurement are provided in an appendix.
• Fifteen new test entries - including bone turnover biochemical markers (osteocalcin), breast tumor analysis, diabetes mellitus autoanitibody panel (insulin antibody), genetic testing, and HIV viral load - present the latest tests and procedures.
• An icon for patient teaching-related care indicates information that should be shared with patients and their families. New two-color illustrations clarify content and demonstrate how procedures are performed.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 4.28(w) x 7.86(h) x 1.60(d)
Table of Contents
User's Guide to Test Preparation and Performance
List of Figures
Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, A-Z
A. List of Tests by Body Systems
B. List of Tests by Test Type
C. Symbols and Units of Measurement
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >