Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions / Edition 9by Mosby
Pub. Date: 10/15/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, 45 appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, online resources, and more/b>/sup>/i>
So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, 45 appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, online resources, and more than 2,450 full-color illustrations - nearly three times more than any other dictionary available - making it an indispensible reference for students and professionals alike.
• UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
• A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
• Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions - including expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures - offer the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
• 23 appendixes - 13 in the dictionary and 10 on the companion Evolve website - offer quick access to useful reference information, such as lab values, symbols and abbreviations, language translation guides, pharmacology, infection control standards, conversion tables, and clinical calculations.
• A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
• NEW! Over 300 new and updated illustrations visually clarify key definitions and reflect current health care practice and equipment.
• NEW! Approximately 11,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care, drugs, and nursing terminology.
• NEW! Editor Marie O’Toole, EdD, RN, FAAN lends her expertise to this new edition, reviewing and revising all definitions and assembling a team of leading consultants and contributors.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 10.10(h) x 2.00(d)
Table of Contents
Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
Appendixes (Back of Book)
- Units of Measurement
- Language Translation Guide: Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
- American Sign Language and Manual Communication
- Normal Reference Values
- Pharmacology and Clinical Calculations
- Range of Motion
- Infection Control: CDC Isolation Guidelines
- Diagnosis-Related Groups
- Common Abbreviations Used in Writing Prescriptions
- Commonly Used Abbreviations
- The Joint Commission Do Not Use Abbreviation List
- Spanish-French Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
- Canadian Controlled Substance Chart
- High-Alert Drugs
- Common Herbs and Supplements
- Herb-Drug Interactions
- Recommended Immunization Schedule, United States 2012
- Recommended Immunization Schedule, Canada 2012
- Medical Terminology
- Normal Reference Laboratory Values
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >