Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professionsby Mosby
So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing&Health Professions, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, 45 appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, online resources, and more/b>/sup>/i>
So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing&Health Professions, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, 45 appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, online resources, and more than 2,450 full-color illustrations — nearly three times more than any other dictionary available — making it an indispensable reference for students and professionals alike.
- UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
- Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions — including expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures — offer the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- 23 appendixes — 13 in the dictionary and 10 on the companion Evolve website — offer quick access to useful reference information, such as lab values, symbols and abbreviations, language translation guides, pharmacology, infection control standards, conversion tables, and clinical calculations.
- A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Over 300 new and updated illustrations visually clarify key definitions and reflect current health care practice and equipment.
- NEW! Approximately 11,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care, drugs, and nursing terminology.
- NEW! Editor Marie O’Toole, EdD, RN, FAAN lends her expertise to this new edition, reviewing and revising all definitions and assembling a team of leading consultants and contributors.
Description: This is the seventh edition of a comprehensive dictionary that includes 2,450 full color illustrations as well as a valuable appendix of medical measurements, diagnoses, and other pertinent medical values. This edition updates the 2002 edition.
Purpose: The purpose is to provide a one stop source of definitions and information unique to the field of health. Through the updated definitions and research, this dictionary provides a much need medical resource.
Audience: The dictionary is intended for students as well as all practitioners in the medical field. With this seventh edition, Mosby's has continued to show its credibility through the reliability and extensive research that goes into the information provided.
Features: The book covers definitions and pronunciations of medical terms and terminology. It is innovative in its use of high quality full color illustrations to enhance understanding of key terms. The front of the book includes a full color, system by system grouping of illustrations of the human anatomy. The appendixes include a wide range of beneficial reference information.
Assessment: The updated information included in this edition of the dictionary is much needed in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. The many illustrations help to bring understanding to terms where words alone would not suffice. The extent to which the editors went to research and validate all the information shows how this dictionary continues to be one of the most valuable resources for all healthcare professionals.
Nurse Education in Practice, 2009
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 167 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I believe this dictionary and Mosby's Medical Dictionary are the same! You're asking nearly $10 more because it says "Medical, Nursing and Health Practices. I own both dictionary's, use they daily for classwork and I have yet to find a difference in the material. I'm seriously considering returning it.
I am so glad I bought this book. Even though it looks like a text book for health care personnel, it has vocabulary words in here that will help everyone learn new things and words to "impress your friends and neighbors"!. It has great pictures/illustrations to help you understand the terms better. This is the newest version and I had to wait a month to get it-it WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT! (I had to pre-order). I strongly recommend you check this excellent book out as soon as you can. You won't be disappointed!