- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; This revised reprint is now updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines. It fills the education gap between EMT-B and EMT-P, and it is designed specifically to cover the 1985 National Standard Curriculum for the EMT-Intermediate. It includes all of the information on shock, IV cannulation, medical terminology, and A&P, cardiac emergencies and pharmacology. The revised reprint includes the updates to the airway, pharmacology, and intravenous cannulation chapters. Plus, it now features added content in a variety of areas including Geriatrics, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Incident Command, and more!
• Fills the education gap between EMT-B and EMT-P, and it is designed specifically to cover the 1985 National Standard Curriculum for the EMT-Intermediate.
• It includes all of the information on shock, IV cannulation, medical terminology, A&P, cardiac emergencies and pharmacology.
• Content reflects the 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines. Coverage is specifically oriented to the 1985 National Standard Curriculum for the EMT-Intermediate.
• Updated chapter! The Airway Management chapter (Chapter 9) is updated to remove EOA and EGTA airways and add the LMA and dual lumen airways.
• Updated chapter! The Intravenous Cannulation (Chapter 11) and Pharmacology (Chapter 12) chapters will address needleless equipment. Drug updates are also included in the Pharmacology chapter.
• Seven new appendices provide added content on Geriatrics, First Responder Procedures with Weapons of Mass Destruction, Incident Command, Tactical Emergency Medical Support, HIPAA Compliance for the EMT-Intermediate, Administration of Thiamine in the Hypoglycemic Patient, and Glucagon Administration in the Hypoglycemic Patient.
• A new companion DVD features both medical animations to reinforce learning of A&P and step-by-step video demonstrations of 10 skills. The following skills are included: Defibrillation, Peripheral IV Access, Withdrawing Medication from Ampule, Withdrawing Medication from a Vial, Intradermal Drug Administration, Subcutaneous Drug Administration, Intramuscular Drug administration, Intravenous Drug Administration, Intraosseous Infusion, and Oral Endotracheal Intubation.
• Completely revised instructor resources make class preparation easier.
Chapter 1. Roles and Responsibilities of the EMT-Intermediate Chapter 2. EMS Systems Chapter 3. Medical/Legal Considerations Chapter 4. EMS Communications Chapter 5. Documentation Chapter 6. Medical Terminology Chapter 7. Body Systems Chapter 8. Patient Assessment Chapter 9. Airway Management Chapter 10. Assessment and Management of Shock Chapter 11. Intravenous Cannulation Chapter 12. Pharmacology Chapter 13. Trauma Emergencies Chapter 14. Cardiac Emergencies Chapter 15. Medical Emergencies Chapter 16. Obstetric and Gynecologic Emergencies Chapter 17. Pediatric Emergencies Chapter 18. Substance Abuse and Behavioral Emergencies New! Appendix A: Geriatrics New! Appendix B: First Responder Procedures with Weapons of Mass Destruction New! Appendix C: Incident Command New! Appendix D: Tactical Emergency Medical Support New! Appendix E: HIPAA Compliance for the EMT-Intermediate New! Appendix F: Administration of Thiamine in the Hypoglycemic Patient New! Appendix G: Glucagon Administration in the Hypoglycemic Patient