Mosby's Home Care and Hospice Drug Handbook / Edition 1by Tina M. Marrelli
Pub. Date: 02/01/1999
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
When home and hospice care providers carry MOSBY'S HOME CARE AND HOSPICE DRUG HANDBOOK, they have the most current drug information at their side. It includes introductory chapters on Medicare, home infusion therapy, and special patient populations; detailed coverage of drugs commonly used in home and hospice care organized by disorder or condition; and a… See more details below
When home and hospice care providers carry MOSBY'S HOME CARE AND HOSPICE DRUG HANDBOOK, they have the most current drug information at their side. It includes introductory chapters on Medicare, home infusion therapy, and special patient populations; detailed coverage of drugs commonly used in home and hospice care organized by disorder or condition; and a four-color drug identification atlas. This handy resource also highlights important information such as nursing implications, contraindications, patient education, and documentation for quality and reimbursement. It's the only handbook that focuses on the drug information that home care and hospice providers need when caring for their unique, growing patient population.
* Includes important foundation content in six introductory chapters that cover Medicare reimbursement of drug therapy, home infusion therapy, quality and safety, special patient populations, and other topics.
• Organizes thirty-six home and hospice conditions alphabetically to allow fast retrieval of essential information.
• Supplies general care considerations, medical diagnoses and ICD-9 codes, desired outcomes of therapy, nursing diagnoses, documentation and reimbursement tips, drug cost considerations, and informational resources for every condition.
• Describes in detail hundreds of drugs identified as being the most commonly used medications in home care and hospice settings.
• Provides a full-color drug identification guide organized alphabetically to help clinicians ensure that the patient receives the correct medication.
• Supplies specific documentation tips for drugs used with each condition to insure quality and support reimbursement for home care and hospice organizations.
• Includes an alphabetical list of all drugs covered by generic and trade name with page references for quick reference.
• Highlights contraindications to alert clinicians to known sensitivities to a drug.
• Presents patient education and teaching priorities, including information for taking medications safely in home or hospice settings.
• Identifies common side effects and life-threatening adverse reactions for immediate recognition in emergency situations.
• Includes extensive information on drug/drug and drug/food interactions for patient safety.
• Features a functional, user-friendly two-color design that includes icons for nursing implications, contraindications, patient education and teaching priorities, and documentation for quality and reimbursement; color drug monograph headings; and screened index pages to facilitate easy location of information.
• Includes an appendix on low income medication assistance programs since the high cost of many drugs can effect patient compliance.
• Features a flexible binding for easy access and convenient use in home and hospice settings.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 4.30(w) x 7.30(h) x 1.20(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents
Medications in home care and hospice · Home care and drug therapy: an overview · Medicare and drug therapy · Home infusion therapy: integrating medication management with specialized clinicians and equipment · Quality and drug therapy: important practice implications · The home visit and medication therapy · Special patient populations: medication implications · Drug care guidelines · Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) · Alzheimer's and other dementias · Anemia · Angina · Antibiotic therapy · Anticoagulant therapy, platelet inhibitors, and thrombolytic agents · Anticonvulsant agents · Antihistamines and decongestants · Antitubercular drugs · Arthritis and gout · Asthma · Breast cancer and mastectomy care · Cancer · Cardiac care · Catheter care · Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) · Congestive heart failure (CHF) · Constipation · Cystic fibrosis · Depression · Diabetes · Gastrointestinal medications · Hypertension · Mother care · Muscle relaxants and stress reducers · Neuromuscular agents · Ophthalmic drugs · Osteoporosis · Oxygen · Pain and palliative medications · Pneumonia and antitussives · Psychiatric care · Topicals · Transplant drugs · Vaccines · Woman care · Appendixes · Glossary · Abbreviations
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >