Mosby's Massage Therapy Review / Edition 3by Sandy Fritz
Pub. Date: 06/16/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
No other massage review book offers such complete exam preparation! Written by massage therapy expert Sandy Fritz, this preparation tool offers more review content and questions than any other massage certification review. It gives you the practice and study tools you need for the NCE and MPLEx certification exams, state exams, and even mid-term or final exams.… See more details below
No other massage review book offers such complete exam preparation! Written by massage therapy expert Sandy Fritz, this preparation tool offers more review content and questions than any other massage certification review. It gives you the practice and study tools you need for the NCE and MPLEx certification exams, state exams, and even mid-term or final exams. With complete coverage of the information you need to know to study more effectively and take tests more successfully, it helps you memorize terms, definitions, and key facts, all with an emphasis on critical thinking skills - a key part of any licensure or certification exam.
- The companion CD, packaged with the text, features two practice tests that match the electronic format of actual certification exams, mirror the content of the NCE and MPLEx exams (offered by NCBTMB and FSMTB), and offer immediate remediation for any areas of weakness.
- More than 1,300 review questions include the two types of questions on the NCE - factual recall and comprehension.
- Content review includes a detailed review of body systems and their applications to massage.
- A companion Evolve website helps you review with study tips plus games and activities.
- A new five-step review process lets you identify areas that need more attention as you study and prepare. Tips for studying and test taking; what to memorize; how to apply concepts and think critically help you hone test-taking skills better than ever before.
- A full-color design features 100 new illustrations showing massage techniques and Anatomy & Physiology.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
|Learning styles, study tips, and test-taking habits|
|1||The body as a whole||9|
|2||Mechanisms of health and disease||19|
|4||Nervous system basics and the central nervous system||37|
|5||Peripheral nervous system||47|
|11||Integumentary, cardiovascular, lymphatic, and immune systems||117|
|12||Respiratory, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems||127|
|13||Foundations of therapeutic applications of touch||139|
|14||Professionalism and legal issues||143|
|15||Medical terminology for professional record keeping||151|
|16||Scientific art of therapeutic massage||157|
|17||Indications and contraindications for therapeutic massage||167|
|18||Hygiene, sanitation, and safety||177|
|20||Preparation for massage||185|
|21||Massage manipulations and techniques||191|
|22||Assessment procedures for developing a care plan||201|
|23||Complementary bodywork systems||211|
|24||Serving special populations||223|
|26||Business considerations for a career in therapeutic massage||233|
|27||Integration questions covering multiple content||237|
|29||Muscle quick reference guide||307|
|30||Diseases and indications/contraindications to massage therapy||327|
|31||Asian bodywork methods||347|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This should prepare you to pass the boards if you have studied HARD in class and do ALL your reading...but this guide is just plain excellent. Many guides cover the same material, but the source of information is a very reputable massage therapist and the way it has been put together is awesome. The book is like a refresher massage course. Good Job!
Practice test were very useful...