Mosby's Medical Dictionary / Edition 9by Mosby
Pub. Date: 10/29/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Medical Dictionary, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, quick-reference appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, and more than 2,450 full-color illustrations -/b>/sup>/i>… See more details below
So much more than just a bestselling dictionary, Mosby’s Medical Dictionary, 9th Edition is a one-stop reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 56,000 authoritative definitions, quick-reference appendixes, a color atlas of the human body, and more than 2,450 full-color illustrations - nearly three times more than any other dictionary available - making it an indispensable reference for health care consumers and professionals alike.
• UNIQUE! More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
• Over 56,000 comprehensive, authoritative, high-quality definitions include expanded definitions for selected entries, particularly major diseases, disorders, and procedures.
• A Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains 43 pages of clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P review and reference.
• Quick-reference appendixes offer quick access to useful reference information, such as commonly used abbreviations, language translation guides, American sign language, and more.
• A strict, common-sense alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
• NEW! Over 300 new and updated illustrations visually clarify key definitions and reflect current health care practice and equipment.
• NEW! Approximately 11,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care.
• NEW! Editor Marie O’Toole, EdD, RN, FAAN lends her expertise to this new edition, reviewing and revising all definitions and assembling a team of leading consultants and contributors.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.94(w) x 10.08(h) x 2.02(d)
Table of Contents
Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
- American Sign Language and Manual Communication
- Common Abbreviations Used in Writing Prescriptions
- Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
- Commonly Used Abbreviations
- The Joint Commission Do Not Use List
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >