Mosby's Nursing Drug Cards / Edition 20by Joseph A. Albanese, Patricia A. Nutz
Pub. Date: 07/01/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Fully updated with the most current drug facts, Mosby’s Nursing Drug Cards, 20th Edition feature complete pharmacologic details and nursing management priorities for over 875 generic and 1,320 brand-name drugs - including 8 new drugs, 3 new drug categories, and more than 100 new drug facts. Each 4x6 card provides essential nursing information, including the… See more details below
Fully updated with the most current drug facts, Mosby’s Nursing Drug Cards, 20th Edition feature complete pharmacologic details and nursing management priorities for over 875 generic and 1,320 brand-name drugs - including 8 new drugs, 3 new drug categories, and more than 100 new drug facts. Each 4x6 card provides essential nursing information, including the drug’s brand names, dosage forms, contraindications, possible adverse effects, interactions, and nursing management priorities. You can also access new drug updates and information on the top 200 most commonly used drugs online.
• Over 1,200 generic and 1,500 brand name drugs provide one-stop access to the information most needed for clinical practice.
• Alphabetical organization makes searching for information quick and easy.
• Portable 4"x6" size gives you the most convenient and durable nursing drug cards available.
• Consistent format features generic name, pronunciation, category, pregnancy category, brand name, manufacturer, dosage forms, use, action, pharmacokinetics, contraindications, clinical considerations, dosage, side/adverse effects, interactions, and nursing management priorities.
• Nursing management priorities assist you in developing effective patient care plans.
• Tall man lettering offers an easy, visual way to differentiate between similar drug names.
• NANDA-I-approved nursing diagnoses for all drug categories familiarize you with the application of nursing diagnoses in pharmacology.
• Information on drug side effects distinguishes between common and life-threatening side effects and helps you anticipate potential reactions and their significance.
• Drug interaction information includes subheadings for drug, food, and laboratory interactions.
• Pronunciations for each generic drug and drug category enable you to use and understand drug names in conversation.
• Common conversion formulas are found on the inside lid of the box.
• Comprehensive index with generic and trade names, drug classes, combination products, and references to website information enable you to quickly find the information you need.
• Appendix provides quick access to additional drug information such as:
• Herbal and non-herbal nutritional supplements
• Dosage calculation formulas
• IV compatibility
• Student Resources on Evolve give you access to drug information anywhere you can access the Internet.
• Illustrated drug administration guide
• Fundamentals of drug therapy
• Calculators for drug dosages
• FDA alerts
• Commonly prescribed drugs
• Drug class quickfacts
• Drug review guide
• Herbal and non-herbal nutritional supplement information
• Expanded drug name safety section
• Online card creator
• New and archived drugs
• Spanish phrases often used in clinical settings
• More than 100 new drug facts provide the most current information on:
• New brand names
• Recent dosage forms
• Side effects
• Drug interactions
• Nursing management priorities
• 10 new drug cards keep you up-to-date with the types of drugs in use today.
• Black Box Warnings draw quick attention to high alert drugs.
• Several shorter category cards condense information for easy retrieval.
• English/Spanish phrases facilitate better communication with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 4.30(w) x 6.30(h) x 4.20(d)
Table of Contents
Drug card explanation
Selected manufacturer abbreviations
Management of ingested drug overdose
- Drug dosage calculations
- Syringe compatibility chart
- IV compatibility chart
- Nutritional supplements (herbal and non-herbal)
- Look-alike/sound-alike drug names
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >