Clinical Associate Professor, Arizona State University, College of Nursing, Tempe, AZ
Mosby's Nursing PDQ for Critical Care / Edition 2by Susan B. Stillwell
Precise, yet comprehensive, this portable guide provides rapid access to vital nursing information for the acute care management of patients in the critical care setting. Key topics include disorders, treatment, assessment, procedures, monitoring, drug therapy, lab values, scoring tools and helpful formulas. It fits easily into your scrub pocket with 10 tabbed… See more details below
Precise, yet comprehensive, this portable guide provides rapid access to vital nursing information for the acute care management of patients in the critical care setting. Key topics include disorders, treatment, assessment, procedures, monitoring, drug therapy, lab values, scoring tools and helpful formulas. It fits easily into your scrub pocket with 10 tabbed sections and a convenient spiral binding that allows it to lie flat on any given page. Whether you use it as a clinical resource, a study tool, or a quick refresher, this full-color resource offers quick access to just the right amount of practical, must-know critical care nursing information.
• The spiral binding and handy pocket size make this an ideal clinical companion.
• Waterproof and stain-resistant pages keep your PDQ reference guide performing like new in any clinical setting.
• Color-coded tabs and a concise index make it easy to quickly locate key information.
• Provides at-a-glance access to commonly used clinical information, such as formulas, conversions, and lab values.
• New content on Bispectral monitoring (BIS), levels of hypoxemia, neurologic emergency conditions, and an updated pulse rating scale keep you up to date with the latest advances in the field.
• New strategies for preventing ventilator-acquired pneumonia help you reduce the occurrence of this complication.
• Expanded coverage includes updated information on modes of mechanical ventilation and Intracranial Pressure (ICP).
• Coverage of pain assessment for the patient who cannot respond offers tips for providing better patient care.
• New illustrations visually reinforce essential concepts, such as defibrillation positions and venous waveform.
• An increased emphasis on safety issues provides tips and guidelines for providing safe, effective patient care.
Pocket-sized for portability, these new quick-reference resources provide quick, easy access to the information you need to know! Water- and stain-resistant pages stand up to the daily wear-and-tear of the clinical setting.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.10(w) x 5.50(h) x 1.00(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
Steps of EBP
Guide to Develop PICOT Questions
Cardiac Auscultatory Sites
Auscultation of the Heart
Defibrillation vs. Cardioversion
Intraaortic Balloon Pump
Cerebral Spinal Fluid Pressure Monitoring and Drainage in Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
Effect of Cardiovascular Drugs on Hemodynamics
Electrocardiograph Lead Placement
Monitoring Ischemia, Injury, and Infarction
Determining ST Segment Deviation
Components of Normal Electrocardiogram
Electrolyte Imbalances and ECG Characteristics
Rhythm Strip Interpretation
Wide QRS Tachycardia
Differentiating Bundle Branch Block
ECG Changes with Myocardial Infarctions
Emergency Cardiac Drugs
Troubleshooting Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring Lines
Radial Arterial Line
Weaning and Extubation
Topography of Abdomen
Equipment and Procedure
Age Specific Preparation of Children for Procedures
Facts: Guides, Labs and Tools
Guide to Assessing Cultural Preferences
Guide to Assessing Pain
Tools for Pain Assessment
Guide to Assess Presence of SIRS, Sepsis and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
Tool for Quantifying Organ Dysfunction
Tools to Calculate Drug Dosages
Nomogram to Determine BSA
Tools to Estimate % BSA Burn
National Safety Patient Goals 2010- The Joint Commission
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >