Mosby's Paramedic Textbook / Edition 4by Mick J. Sanders, Kim McKenna, Lawrence M. Lewis, Gary Quick
This textbook covers all aspects of paramedic prehospital care, following Department of Transportation curriculum guidelines as it presents current information on patient assessment, and emergency care for acutely ill and traumatically injured patients. 1,050 pp. Pub: 5/94. See more details below
This textbook covers all aspects of paramedic prehospital care, following Department of Transportation curriculum guidelines as it presents current information on patient assessment, and emergency care for acutely ill and traumatically injured patients. 1,050 pp. Pub: 5/94.
- Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.20(h) x 2.90(d)
Table of Contents
Part One: Preparatory
1. EMS Systems: Roles, Responsibilities, and Professionalism
2. Well-Being of the Paramedic
3. Injury Prevention and Public Health NEW!
5. EMS Communications
6. Medical and Legal Issues
8. Research Principles and Evidence-Based Practice NEW!
Part Two: Anatomy and Physiology
9. Medical Terminology NEW!
10. Review of Human Systems
11. General Principles of Pathophysiology
12. Life Span Development
Part Three: Pharmacology
13. Principles of Pharmacology and Emergency Medications
14. Venous Access and Medication Administration
Part Four: Airway
15. Airway Management, Respiration, and Artificial Ventilation
Part Five: Patient Assessment
16. Scene Size Up NEW!
17. Therapeutic Communications
18. History Taking
19. Primary Assessment NEW!
20. Secondary Assessment and Reassessment NEW!
21. Clinical Decision Making
Part Six: Cardiovascular
Part Seven: Medical
23. Diseases of the Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat NEW!
27. Immunology NEW!
28. Infectious and Communicable Disease
29. Abdominal and Gastrointestinal Disorders
30. Genitourinary and Renal Disorders
33. Nontraumatic Musculoskeletal Disorders NEW!
35. Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders
Part Eight: Shock and Resuscitation
36. Pathophysiology and Management of Shock
Part Nine: Trauma
37. Trauma Overview and Mechanism of Injury
38. Bleeding and Soft Tissue Trauma
40. Head, Face, and Neck Trauma
41. Spine and Nervous System Trauma
42. Chest Trauma
43. Abdominal Trauma
44. Orthopedic Trauma
45. Environmental Conditions
Part Ten: Special Patient Populations
47. Neonatal Care
50. Abuse and Neglect
51. Patients with Special Challenges
52. Acute Interventions for Home Care
Part 11: EMS Operations
53. Ground and Air Ambulance Operations
54. Medical Incident Command
55. Rescue Awareness and Operations
56. Crime Scene Awareness
57. Hazardous Materials Awareness
58. Bioterrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction
59. Putting it All Together: Assessment-Based Management
Appendix: Advanced Practice Procedures in Critical Care NEW!
Emergency Drug Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >