- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Kansas city, MO
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ideal for both massage students and practicing therapists, this pocket-sized reference provides key information in a handy, easy-to-use format! Bullet lists, tables, and numerous full-color line drawings and photos make this reference ideal for use on the go. This second edition is thoroughly updated and includes new muscle illustrations and new sections on how nutrition and common medications affect massage-treatment planning, helping you provide even more effective treatment for your clients.
• A quick-reference format provides all of the key information you need with fast-access illustrations, charts, and tables.
• The pocket-sized format and spiral binding allow the book to lay flat so you can quickly reference the pages you need while leaving your hands free to work.
• User-friendly, full-color design includes vibrant illustrations, as well as highlights and clarifies important facts to help you easily find what you need.
• Muscle illustrations and an updated muscle chart provide quick reminders of muscle locations and actions to assist in assessment and treatment planning.
• The latest nutritional information, with a chart of vitamins and minerals, helps you keep track of patients’ nutritional intake.
• An updated section on body mechanics with numerous color photos demonstrates correct positioning and posture to perform various strokes and techniques for more effective practice.
• Updated content on pharmacology and medication helps you provide safe and effective massage with information on the most commonly used medications and their effects on pain sensation.
1. Systems and Organs
2. Functions of ANS
3. Joint Movements
Safety and Precautions
6. Standard Precautions
7. Endangerment Sites
8. Licensing, Certification, Scope of Practice
9. Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
10. Body Mechanics
11. Draping Suggestions
12. Outcome Massage Sequence
13. Quality of Touch
14. Adapting During Massage Based on Safety and Outcomes
16. Lymphatic Drain and Blood Circulation
17. Common Trigger Points
18. Connective Tissue
19. Chakra, Color, Music Therapy
22. Stages of Soft Tissue Healing
23. Development of Treatment Plan
24. Abdominal Massage
25. Taking a Health History
26. Treatment Plan Form
27. SOAP Notes
28. Common Abbreviations
29. Common Word Roots
30. Common Prefixes
31. Common Suffixes
Assessment, Pain, and Pathology
32. Palpation Assessment
33. Posture Assessment
34. Muscle Testing Assessment
35. Joint vs Soft Tissue Assessment
36. Referred Pain
37. Pain Assessment Factors
38. Pain Rating Scales
39. Assessment Scale for Pitting Edema to Determine Appropriateness for Lymphatic Drain
40. Characteristics of Headaches
41. Diseases and Indications/Contraindications for Massage
42. Disorders Related to Chronic Inflammation
43. Skin Pathologies
44. Common Stress Responses
45. Common Drugs by Class
46. Common Herbal Supplements
47. Functions and Sources of Vitamins
48. Functions and Sources of Selected Minerals
49. Basic Life Support
50. Heart Attack Warning Signs
51. English-Spanish Translation Guide
52. Sign Language Chart
53. Research Vocabulary