Mosby's PDQ for NCLEX-RN / Edition 1by Mosby
Pocket-sized and easy to use, this study guide to the NCLEX-RN® examination offers valuable test-taking strategies and tools. It’s the only portable guide with a Question Dissector that breaks down sample questions to help you find the correct answer, by highlighting key terms and offering helpful hints along with answers and rationales. NCLEX exam-style… See more details below
Pocket-sized and easy to use, this study guide to the NCLEX-RN® examination offers valuable test-taking strategies and tools. It’s the only portable guide with a Question Dissector that breaks down sample questions to help you find the correct answer, by highlighting key terms and offering helpful hints along with answers and rationales. NCLEX exam-style questions include all types of alternate item formats - such as multiple choice, Select All That Apply, Hot Spots, and Fill in the Blank questions. A mini CD-ROM gives students the opportunity to answer even more practice questions on the computer!
- A unique Question Dissector helps you find the right answer by deconstructing questions, and includes both answers and rationales.
- The pocket size, spiral binding, and durable, water-resistant pages make this guide convenient and easy to carry.
- A flashcard format helps you study and review, with questions on the front side of the page and answers with rationales on the back side.
- Ten sections with tabs make it easy to find specific information.
- A companion mini CD lets you practice with more than 1,200 NCLEX-RN review questions, each question including a correct answer, a rationale for each response, the client needs category, content area, and level of cognitive ability.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 3.80(w) x 5.50(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents1. NCLEX overview
1.1 What is the NCLEX?
1.2 What does the NCLEX test?
1.3 Why must I take the NCLEX?
1.4 How is the NCLEX administered?
1.5 What content is covered on the NCLEX?
1.6 What is the NCLEX test plan?
1.7 What is the NCLEX test format?
1.8 What about critical thinking?
1.9 NCLEX contact information
2. Test taking strategies
2.1 Multiple choice question strategies
2.2 Select all that apply question strategies
2.3 Fill-in-the-blank question strategies
2.4 Hot spot question strategies
2.5 Chart/exhibit question strategies
2.6 Drag-and-drop question strategies
3. Implementing the basics
3.1 Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
3.2 Nursing process
4. Therapeutic communication
4.1 Therapeutic communication strategies
4.2 Therapeutic communication criteria
4.3 Effective therapeutic communication techniques
4.4 Ineffective therapeutic communication techniques
4.5 Therapeutic communication question strategies
5. Management of care
6.1 Importance of positioning
6.2 Positions to know
6.3 Positioning question strategies
7. Laboratory values
7.1 Importance of knowing and interpreting laboratory values
7.2 Laboratory values to know
7.3 Age/gender considerations
7.4 Laboratory values question strategies
8. Medication administration
8.1 Importance of safely and effectively administering medications
8.2 Side effects and nursing implications of medications
8.3 Medication administration question strategies
9. Age-related changes (geriatric)
9.1 General explanation of aging process
9.2 Description of key changes
9.3 Age-related question strategies
10. Study skills
10.1 Study skills introduction
10.2 Productive study habits
10.3 Physical and psychological preparation
10.4 Exam day
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >