Mosby's Radiation Therapyby Leia Levy
Pub. Date: 10/29/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Reinforce your understanding of radiation therapy and prepare for the Registry exam! Mosby's Radiation Therapy Study Guide and Exam Review is both a study companion for Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy, by Charles Washington and Dennis Leaver, and a superior review for the certification exam offered by the American Registry for Radiologic/i>/b>
Reinforce your understanding of radiation therapy and prepare for the Registry exam! Mosby's Radiation Therapy Study Guide and Exam Review is both a study companion for Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy, by Charles Washington and Dennis Leaver, and a superior review for the certification exam offered by the American Registry for Radiologic Technology (ARRT). An easy-to-read format simplifies study by presenting information in concise bullets and tables. Over 1,000 reviewquestionsare included in the book, with an additional 1,000 questions available online on the companion Evolve website. Written by radiation therapy expert Leia Levy, with contributions by other radiation therapy educators and clinicians, this study tool provides everything you need to prepare for the ARRT Radiation Therapy Certification Exam.
- Over 2,000 multiple-choice questions in Registry format are provided in the text and online, allowing you to both study and simulate the actual exam experience.
- Focus questions and key information in tables make it easy to find and remember information for the exam.
- Review exercises reinforce learning with a variety of question formats to fit different learning styles.
- Online mock exams add over 1,000 questions to those included in the book.
- Questions are organized by ARRT content categories and are available in study mode with immediate feedback after each question, or in exam mode, which simulates the test-taking experiencein a timed environment with ARRT exam-style questions.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
1. Developing Good Study Habits in the Health Professions
2. An Overview of Cancer and Management Modalities
3. Radiation Therapy Physics
4. Radiation Biology
5. Radiation Protection and Safety
6. Radiation Therapy Treatment Delivery Equipment and Quality Assurance
7. Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning
8. Oncology Patient Care
9. Clinical Applications in Radiation Therapy
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This review is based on a thorough analysis of only one of nine chapters in this book. I carefully read the review material and answered all of the questions in Chapter 3 "Radiation Therapy Physics". As an ABR certified Radiation Oncology Physicist who teaches a course in Radiation Therapy Physics to RTT students, I have to say that I am very disappointed in this chapter and hope that it is not indicative of the quality of chapters in the entire book. The chapter contained multiple errors in the review text, as well as multiple examples of poor wording or misleading explanations for physics concepts. Of the 95 questions, I had objections to 13, whether due to outright incorrect answers, incorrect answer selection from the list of choices, erroneous reasoning given to answers, or poor wording leading to ambiguity in the question. The content chosen for the chapter was reasonably organized, but I would suggest that the publishers consider having a physicist review the chapter and publish errata or a revised version.