Mosby's Respiratory Care Online for Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care (User Guide and Access Code) / Edition 2by Mosby
Pub. Date: 05/04/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Designed to accompany Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 10th Edition, Mosby's Respiratory Care Online (MRCO) provides a range of audio and visual learning opportunities beyond those offered in a traditional learning environment. This online course reinforces understanding with animations, slideshows, videos with audio narrations, clinical case/b>/i>… See more details below
Designed to accompany Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 10th Edition, Mosby's Respiratory Care Online (MRCO) provides a range of audio and visual learning opportunities beyond those offered in a traditional learning environment. This online course reinforces understanding with animations, slideshows, videos with audio narrations, clinical case studies, and a variety of interactive activities. Mosby's Respiratory Care Online is an excellent study tool to prepare for RT credentialing exams.
- Easy-to-understand approach explains the complex concepts in each chapter of the Egan's textbook.
- Objectives correspond to the objectives and expected learning outcomes in the book.
- Interactive learning exercises include labeling, matching, sequencing, image association, fill-in, and more.
- Popup view of images enlarges and shows details of heavily labeled illustrations.
- Unique! Animations, slideshows, videos with audio narrations communicate difficult concepts in ways that are not easily conveyed with static illustrations.
- Unique! Mini Clini Challenges with patient medical data records present case studies to help you apply material to the clinical setting.
- Unique! Audio glossaryincludes both definitions and pronunciations of key terms.
- Unique! List of formulas for respiratory care may be accessed and printed out from any screen.
- Unique! Links to Activities and Media let you choose to access only activities and/or only media (animations, slide shows, videos).
- Easy navigation throughout the course lets you keep track of your progress as you work through a lesson or access additional learning resources.
- Post-tests with correct and incorrect rationales end each module. Access is provided to instructors only.
- Updated content and design correlates with Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 10th Edition text.
- NBRC Content Matrix correlation guide aligns content with the National Board for Respiratory Care's curriculum matrix, ensuring that coverage meets certification requirements.
- New representations of Electronic Health Records for Mini-Clini Challenges show examples of documentation in the clinical setting.
- Additional slide shows and animations bring respiratory anatomy and disease processes to life.
- Additional exercises reflect updates to the textbook.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.40(w) x 8.60(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Unit I: Foundations of Respiratory Care Module 1 History of Respiratory Care Module 2 Quality and Evidence-Based Respiratory Care Module 3 Patient Safety, Communication and Recordkeeping Module 4 Principles of Infection Prevention and Control Module 5 Ethical and Legal Implications of Practice Module 6 Physical Principles of Respiratory Care Module 7 Computer Applications in Respiratory Care Unit II: Applied Anatomy and Physiology Module 8 The Respiratory System Module 9 The Cardiovascular System Module 10 Ventilation Module 11 Gas Exchange and Transport Module 12 Solutions, Body Fluids, and Electrolytes Module 13 Acid-Base Balance Module 14 Regulation of Breathing Unit III: Assessment of Respiratory Disorders Module 15 Bedside Assessment of the Patient Module 16 Interpreting Clinical Laboratory Data Module 17 Interpreting the Electrocardiogram Module 18 Analysis and Monitoring of Gas Exchange Module 19 Pulmonary Function Testing Module 20 Review of Thoracic Imaging Module 21 Nutrition Assessment Unit IV: Review of Cardiopulmonary Disease Module 22 Pulmonary Infections Module 23 Obstructive Lung Disease: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD), Asthma, and Related Diseases Module 24 Interstitial Lung Disease Module 25 Pleural Diseases Module 26 Pulmonary Vascular Disease Module 27 Acute Lung Injury, Pulmonary Edema and Multiple System Organ Failure Module 28 Lung Cancer Module 29 Neuromuscular and Other Diseases of the Chest Wall Module 30 Disorders of Sleep Module 31 Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Disorders Unit V: Basic Therapeutics Module 32 Airway Pharmacology Module 33 Airway Management Module 34 Emergency Cardiovascular Life Support Module 35 Humidity and Bland Aerosol Therapy Module 36 Aerosol Drug Therapy Module 37 Storage and Delivery of Medical Gases Module 38 Medical Gas Therapy Module 39 Lung Expansion Therapy Module 40 Airway Clearance Unit VI: Acute and Critical Care Module 41 Respiratory Failure and the Need for Ventilatory Support Module 42 Mechanical Ventilators Module 43 Physiology of Ventilatory Support Module 44 Initiating and Adjusting Invasive Ventilatory Support Module 45 Noninvasive Ventilation Module 46 Monitoring and Management of the Patient in the Intensive Care Unit Module 47 Discontinuing Ventilatory Support Module 48 Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care Unit VII: Patient Education and Long-Term Care Module 49 Patient Education and Health Promotion Module 50 Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Module 51 Respiratory Care in Alternative Settings
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >