Move Yourself: The Cooper Clinic Medical Director's Guide to All the Healing Benefits of Exercise (Even a Little!) / Edition 1by Tedd Mitchell, Tim Church
Exercise can decrease your risk of heart disease, improve your memory and your mood, help you sleep better, and slow down the aging process. And yet most of us can find plenty of excuses for not exercising. In this surprising new guide from the medical director of the world-renowned Cooper Clinic, you'll discover how, in just minutes a day, you can dramatically… See more details below
Exercise can decrease your risk of heart disease, improve your memory and your mood, help you sleep better, and slow down the aging process. And yet most of us can find plenty of excuses for not exercising. In this surprising new guide from the medical director of the world-renowned Cooper Clinic, you'll discover how, in just minutes a day, you can dramatically improve your healthwithout running a marathon, joining a gym, or even breaking a sweat.
Move Yourself offers an innovative, easy-to-follow prescription for infusing your daily life with just a few minutes of low-dose physical activityand reaping big health benefits from the start. Dr. Tedd Mitchell of the Cooper Clinic, fitness research expert Dr. Tim Church, and veteran health writer Martin Zucker present a manageable program that will have you up and moving, eating better, and feeling great.
First, you'll get a clear understanding of how physical activity protects you from a wide range of common diseases, as well as never-before-published information about the ways movement improves quality of life. Then you'll customize your plan by selecting one of the three Move Yourself programs packed with cardio, nutrition, and weight-resistance advice tailored to your needs.
Filled with lessons from the authors' thousands of patients and study participants, this medically sound program gives you the tools to:
- Start logging your daily activity
- Add movement easily into your daily routine
- Get moving when you're tired, traveling, busy, or depressed
- Optimize your cardiovascular health
- Strengthen your muscles safely
- Increase your joint flexibility
As you get healthier with more movement, you'll make better eating choices with the book's 14-day menu suggestions. You'll also get plenty of inspiration for sticking with the program and staying positive. Being more active doesn't have to be difficult, time-consuming, or expensive. All it takes is the desire and support you need to Move Yourself.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- First Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.38(w) x 9.53(h) x 0.87(d)
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
PART ONE: The Power of Movement.
1. A Little Activity Goes a Long Way.
2. Focus on Fitness, Not Thinness.
3. The Healing Miracle of Movement.
PART TWO: The Cooper Center Move Yourself Programs.
4. Choose the Right Program for You.
MOVE YOURSELF PLAN A: Getting Active—the Easy, Fun Way.
5. Step Counting and Logging: Your Keys to Success.
6. Keep Moving! How to Stick with It.
7. Move Yourself Plan A Nutrition.
MOVE YOURSELF PLAN B: Balance Your Approach.
8. Stepping It Up.
9. Move It! Do Cardio for Heart Health.
10. Lift It! Get Stronger, Not Bulky.
11. Stretch It! Get Flexible.
12. Move Yourself Plan B Nutrition.
MOVE YOURSELF PLAN C: Waist Removal and Weight Loss.
13. Real People, Serious Results.
14. Move Yourself Five Days a Week.
15. Move Yourself Plan C Diet and Supplements.
Epilogue: Move Yourself for Life.
Appendix A: Resources.
Appendix B: Selected References.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >