Movement Disorders in Childhood: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 2by Harvey S. Singer, Joseph Jankovic, Jonathan Mink, Donald L. Gilbert
Pub. Date: 03/12/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Experts in the field, Drs. Singer, Mink, Gilbert, and Jankovic, fill the gap in the market by offering the only comprehensive text devoted solely to the diagnoses and treatment of all pediatric movement disorders. Discussions of common and rare disorders such as movements that occur in sleep and psychogenic movement disorders and the latest advances and
Experts in the field, Drs. Singer, Mink, Gilbert, and Jankovic, fill the gap in the market by offering the only comprehensive text devoted solely to the diagnoses and treatment of all pediatric movement disorders. Discussions of common and rare disorders such as movements that occur in sleep and psychogenic movement disorders and the latest advances and developments in medications keep you apprised of today’s best practices. Each chapter is accessible, illustrated, stylistically uniform, and carefully referenced, making it easy to access the information you need. This brand-new reference is the ideal resource for the seasoned specialist as well as the non-expert clinician. Best of all, Expert Consult functionality gives you convenient access to the full text online - fully searchable, a downloadable image library, and enhanced visual guidance with narrated, diagnostic videos at expertconsult.com.
• Includes online access to the complete contents of the book, fully searchable, including all of the book’s illustrations, 58 narrated videos of actual patients and their disorders, and abstracts to Medline at expertconsult.com
• Discusses neurobiology, classification, diagnostic evaluation, and treatment, making this a one-stop-shop for all you need to know to diagnose and treat any child with any movement disorder.
• Offers expert guidance and detailed coverage on today’s hot topics, including movements that occur in sleep, drug-induced movement disorders in children, and psychogenic movement disorders to help you better treat whatever you encounter.
• Addresses developmental, paroxysmal, hyperkinetic and hypokinetic, and other movement disorders, offering complete, comprehensive coverage.
• Presents chapters based on clinical symptomology and disease with specific therapy guidance at the end of each chapter.
• Uses illustrations and a logical organization throughout, making reference a snap.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- BK & VIDEO
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 10.50(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
Section 1 Overview
1 Basal Ganglia Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology 2
2 Cerebellar Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology 9
3 Classification of Movement Disorders 16
4 Diagnostic Evaluation of Children with Movement Disorders 19
Section 2 Developmental Movement Disorders
5 Transient and Developmental Movement Disorders in Children 32
Section 3 Paroxysmal Movement Disorders
6 Tics and Tourette Syndrome 40
7 Motor Stereotypies 56
8 Paroxysmal Dyskinesias 66
Section 4 Hyperkinetic and Hypokinetic Movement Disorders
9 Chorea, Athetosis, and Ballism 76
10 Dystonia 97
11 Myoclonus 110
12 Tremor 129
13 Ataxia 139
14 Parkinsonism 154
Section 5 Selected Secondary Movement Disorders
15 Inherited Metabolic Disorders Associated with Extrapyramidal Symptoms 164
16 Movements That Occur in Sleep 205
17 Cerebral Palsy 219
18 Drug-Induced Movement Disorders in Children 231
19 Psychogenic Movement Disorders 242
Appendix A Drug Appendix 249
Appendix B Search Strategy for Genetic Movement Disorders 261
Appendix C Video Atlas 264
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >