- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1. Salzburg and the Grand Tour: 1756-69
2. Works by an 'almost supernatural talent'
3. Italy: 1769-73
4. Opera seria: 'Fitting the clothes to the figure'
5. Salzburg: 1774-7
6. Sacred music: 'I have thoroughly acquainted myself with that style since my youth'
7. Mannheim and Paris: 1777-9
8. The 'Classical Style': Mozart and the keyboard
9. Salzburg and Munich: 1779-81
10. Orchestral music: 'the glorious effect of a symphony with flutes, oboes, and clarinets'
11. Vienna: 1781-5
12. Singspiel: 'music must never offend the ear'
13. Piano concertos and chamber music in 'the Land of the Clavier'
14. Vienna and Prague: 1786-8
15. Chamber music: 'The greatest composer known to me':
16. Opera buffa: 'Most important is that it must be really comic'
17. The last years: 1788-91
18. The last works: 'A rich possession, but even fairer hopes'
19. 'de morte transire ad vitam'
A Calendar / B List of Works / C Personalia / D Select Bibliography /
Posted May 14, 2013
Posted November 4, 2011
Couldn't get too far into this book. Thought I was buying a book that would educate me on the man, not what city he went to and when. If there were more info that would be great, but this just reads like an itinerary ...Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.