MPLS-Enabled Applications: Emerging Developments and New Technologies / Edition 1by Ina Minei, Julian Lucek
Pub. Date: 11/29/2005
The capability of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) to identify traffic based on its label at forwarding time, coupled with its ability to force traffic down pre-established paths, has created a whole range of new applications while enabling scaling of existing applications. To highlight the emerging developments, Ina Minei and Julian Lucek cover traffic engineering, L3VPNs (Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks), pseudowires, VPLS (Virtual Private LAN Service), and much more. They methodically illustrate how MPLS holds the key to network convergence by allowing operators to offer more services over a single physical infrastructure and how it can reduce the cost of the network by streamining operations. With over a hundred illustrations and thirteen in-depth chapters MPLS-Enabled Applications documents why MPLS is now considered the networking technology for carrying all types of network traffic, including voice telephony, real-time video, and the many types of data traffic.
MPLS-Enabled Applications will provide those involved in the design and deployment of MPLS systems, as well as those researching the area of MPLS networks, with a thoroughly modern view of how MPLS is transforming the networking world.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.81(w) x 9.86(h) x 1.11(d)
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
2. Traffic Engineering with MPLS (MPLS-TE).
3. Protection and Restoration in MPLS Networks.
4. MPLS DiffServ-TE.
5. Interdomain Traffic Engineering.
6. Point-to-Multipoint LSPs.
7. Foundations of Layer 3 BGP/MPLS Virtual Private Networks.
8. Advanced Topics in Layer 3 BGP/MPLS Virtual Private Networks.
9. Hierarchical and Inter-AS VPNs.
10. Layer 2 Tr4ansport over MPLS.
11. Virtual Private LAN Service.
12. MPLS Management.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >