Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society & Exploring Diversity Package / Edition 7by Donna Gollnick
Pub. Date: 06/21/2005
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Are you prepared to teach in today™s diverse classrooms? The Seventh Edition of this well-respected text now emphasizes self-reflection and provides real classroom video to help you relate to, understand, and celebrate the seven cultures, or micro-cultures, that you may encounter in your own future classrooms, including: class, ethnicity and race/b>… See more details below
Are you prepared to teach in today™s diverse classrooms? The Seventh Edition of this well-respected text now emphasizes self-reflection and provides real classroom video to help you relate to, understand, and celebrate the seven cultures, or micro-cultures, that you may encounter in your own future classrooms, including: class, ethnicity and race, gender, exceptionality, religion, language, and age.
- NEW! Opportunity for Reflection Margin Note indicates questions located within the narrative that encourage you to stop and think critically about chapter content, connect it to your own past experiences or the experiences of others around you, and then consider what you might do if you were the teacher.
- Critical Incidents feature provides you with an opportunity to examine your feelings, attitudes, and possible actions or reactions to each real-life or hypothetical school or classroom scenario.
- Pause to Reflectfeature includes questions and activities to promote self-awareness and ownership of your past experiences and how they can influence current and future teaching practice in a diverse classroom.
- NEW! Portfolio Activities are linked to INTASC standards and locatedat the end of every chapter. These activities encourage you to begin to think reflectively and begin to construct professionalportfolio entries.
- NEW! Focus Your Lens: Debate feature presents a controversial school issue with for and against statements for your consideration.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.15(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of ContentsBrief Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Foundations of multicultural Education
Chapter 2 Class
Chapter 3 Ethnicity and Race
Chapter 4 Gender
Chapter 5 Exceptionality
Chapter 6 Religion
Chapter 7 Language
Chapter 8 Age
Chapter 9 Education that is Multicultural
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >