- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Based on his best-selling HyperText and HpyerMedia, Jakob Nielsen takes hypertext a step further--to the Internet. Multimedia and Hypertext: The Internet and Beyond explores new and developing applications in multimedia and hypertext as well as offering coverage of the use of HTML (hypertext markup language) and the World Wide Web with interfaces such as Mosaic and Netscape.
* Includes a large number of richly illustrated examples of a wide variety of new hypermedia systems.
* Provides a range of strategies for overcoming information overload.
* Thorougly discusses a number of new applications, including distribution of hypertext tools via the Internet.
* Explains copyright issues for users and develeopers, and usability issues for hypertext.
* Forecasts the future of the field in the long and short term.
Reflecting the changes in the hypertext/multimedia market, this book includes illustrated examples of a variety of new hypermedia systems, particularly those related to the Internet, plus many examples of the use of Mosaic and the HTML.